How to install LIPSetup.msi file from cmdlines.txt?

You will find MUISETUP.EXE (MUISETUP.EX_) inside your Windows XP CD inside I386 folder.

This one will be used with LIPSetup.msi for silent install.

This is not the same given for MUI language packs !

Edited by myselfidem

You will find MUISETUP.EXE (MUISETUP.EX_) inside your Windows XP CD inside I386 folder.

This one will be used with LIPSetup.msi for silent install.

This is not the same given for MUI language packs !

What does you mean?

Tou want to say that at T-12 Windows installer will start MIUSETUP.EXE from uor cmdlines.txt?

You wrote:

3 - Copy the CD-ROM files LIP inside a subfolder:

%DistributionFolder%\OPKTools\Updates\LIP

As you know, we have only a .msi file which we can extraxt and that's all.

Do you think that extracted files would be OK?

Well, I never tried to install LIP on Windows XP.

I think it's needed to use sysprep on the computer to use the methods given above!

Sorry, I can't give more help because I never use to integrate LIP on Windows XP.

Maybe some other members can give you a better answer about the silent installation with LIP ?

Well, I never tried to install LIP on Windows XP.

I think it's needed to use sysprep on the computer to use the methods given above!

Sorry, I can't give more help because I never use to integrate LIP on Windows XP.

Maybe some other members can give you a better answer about the silent installation with LIP ?

I intended to do that 7-8 years ago but as you can see, I didn't )))

Thank you to the shown will to help, buddy!

I hope that I'll find somebody who had the same problems. In any case, as the last solution, I'll try to integrate LIP files directly into OS system files.

However you can install LIPSetup.msi after Windows XP silent installation is done !

Yes, of course, I can.

I don't know why but at T-12 installation starts, finishes up to the end and rollbacks after that.

Because this can't be installed at T-12 like this !

Like at shared it's needed to install with Audit mod and it's made by OEM manufacturers!

*Edit: And I think Windows XP must have an preactivated valid key !

Edited by myselfidem

Because this can't be installed at T-12 like this !

Like at shared it's needed to install with Audit mod and it's made by OEM manufacturers!

*Edit: And I think Windows XP must have an preactivated valid key !

what do you think about direct embedding of LIP files into installation disk? It isn't a big problem for some files like .DL_

As I told before, I hoped to find a file inside .msi which will explain to installer where to put some files. I have no idea how msinstall.exe can install these files without any instruction :-/

I have already look files inside LIPSetup.msi and there is no files to explain silent installation !

I look inside various LIPSetup.msi language files and there is no explainations.

I know you want absolutely install LIPSetup.msi at T-12, but I think you must use first sysprep on your computer with the commands given previously!

HTH

I have already look files inside LIPSetup.msi and there is no files to explain silent installation !

I look inside various LIPSetup.msi language files and there is no explainations.

I know you want absolutely install LIPSetup.msi at T-12, but I think you must use first sysprep on your computer with the commands given previously!

HTH

I've never worked with Sysperep, to be honest :)

Can you catch what are files with extension .mui from: \\SourceDir\Windows\mui\Fallback\0c1a ? I've checked with a resource editor and these files contain translated resources. Is it possible by your opinion tu remove .mui extension and install them directly instead of english language files?

I've just tried. It is not possible. that files contains resources only, without any code.

Edited by rigorous

What I have to do with this now?

To make a blank new installation of XPSP3 and after that to install LIP there? After that to create a inf file which I'll integrate somewhere into my localized WXP?

Edited by rigorous

Hmmm..... I also tried with Google but I couldn't find them.

I didn't use Sysprep in the past. Today I installed XP into VBox and tried to explore possibilities of Sysprep. Of course, everything I did following instructions.

After restarting my folder C:\Sysprep always disappeared with all files inside. .