Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Batch Command To Copy Files

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

buffstuffmedia

buffstuffmedia
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 17-January 10
hi guys can anyone help me please
i have a folder with subfolders containing certain files that i use for 3 seperate pcs , i have made text lists of each set of files that go into each different pc , my question is can someone give me the proper batch command that would copy the files listed in each list into the directories i want including the subdirectories , have included a sample but this isnt working as it copies the files all over the place inside the new folder instead of keeping the folder structure

@setlocal enableextensions
for /f "delims=" %%i in (darlaprun.txt) do (
xcopy "%%i" "%wim%" /s /e /h /y
)

have also tried it with %%a but it still does same , i have certain folders with the same files in them but for different pcs and architectures and have 3 username lists which have only the files needed for each pc listed inside each text list

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,541 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

I think it may be prudent to provide sample lists and/or folder structures.

DataCracker7899

DataCracker7899

• 15 posts
  • Joined 02-January 13
you have to use the
cd
command
I am a professional programmer and plz email me and i will help you. my email is: andregoodarzi@hotmail.com i'm master in many programming languages and i can make websites too.

//AndreG7899
//DataCracker7899

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,331 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Ummm, no! "CD" instruction is more than likely irrelevant. The filenames are (apparently) withing a TXT file (see the Original Post).

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users