Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Can you make it to a icon in the notifications ?

It is probably not possible because there is no additional application which runs in the background.

version 0.2 has a serious memory leak. Look at the GPU memory usage:

post-70718-0-63943200-1359789427_thumb.p

after closing the laoder, the issue is gone:

post-70718-0-69262600-1359789449_thumb.p

Yeah, there is many memory leaks because I have not cared about memory releasing much ;-) However, I don't understand how you can close the loader because it is closed immediately after DLL is loaded into dwm process.

Thank god this is being made, I really just want a way to minimize or hide this CMD window, maybe a tray icon as mentioned or something else, I really think this have future, also this is working pretty well in here.

In the future I know you guys will manage to give us options to edit transparency level and color level, however it's good as it is right now cause we have GLASS back on Windows 8, a feature that shouldn't have been removed by Microsoft, just as Start menu (but in this subject, thanks god I bought the StartIsBack).

Edited by Tribes11

I approve the idea of a tray icon allowing to customize the aero properties and load it on startup :yes:

You "approve the idea"? Isn't that for bigmuscle to decide? I think we're thinking too far ahead. I'm sure many things remain to be done and this is still just a very early preview.

I approve the idea of a tray icon allowing to customize the aero properties and load it on startup :yes:

You "approve the idea"? Isn't that for bigmuscle to decide? I think we're thinking too far ahead. I'm sure many things remain to be done and this is still just a very early preview.

Sorry, I made a translation mistake (English isn't my first language), I wanted to say, "+1" or "I agree" :blushing:

Sorry, I made a translation mistake (English isn't my first language), I wanted to say, "+1" or "I agree" :blushing:

I apologise too. I didn't realise you're French.