Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I just noticed in Vista & 7 the back & forward buttons and some other stuff are transparent

The addition of the ribbon changed the layout of explorer windows so they had to change the blurred area back to just the area on top. Kind of a shame that the glass doesn't at least extend to the ribbon menu buttons like it does in office 2010. That would've been cool.

Question: When I use 0.3 version, new windows appears with aero effect, after install 0.4 (and use registry 0x9300 fix, not work without him), new windows appears simple and after some milliseconds became aero. Why?

I've read this, but i don't understand: why in 0.3 windows became aero in creation. For me 0.3 better and look faster then 0.4 and no registry dancing needed :)

Because previous builds had direct3d debug flag (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476881(v=vs.85).aspx#Debug) set which probably automatically enabled that compatibility mode. I have not found a proper solution for native feature levels yet but I don't want to publish versions with D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG.

Wow I never thought I'd see the day!

It works lovely on Windows 8 (after adding some registry entries), so thank you!

I cannot wait for the first release without the command prompt always being open. =D

I also really hope this continues to work in Windows 8 Blue.

EDIT: I am using this in conjunction with Ex7forW8 and when I activate it, after the first black flash all windows look like Windows 7 (rounded corners and all the other looks) without transparency enabled, which makes me wonder if there is a way to make them look like this permanently

EDIT2: Here is a screenshot of what I mean: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28476963/AeroGlassWindows7.png

I will try to release it in a few days including the source code.
Will you be releasing the source code soon? ^^

I doubt I can be of any help at all, but I'd love to read it (I'm fascinated by DLL injections and Windows behaviour modifications).

Edited by ElvenSpellmaker

Wow I never thought I'd see the day!

It works lovely on Windows 8 (after adding some registry entries), so thank you!

I cannot wait for the first release without the command prompt always being open. =D

I also really hope this continues to work in Windows 8 Blue.

EDIT: I am using this in conjunction with Ex7forW8 and when I activate it, after the first black flash all windows look like Windows 7 (rounded corners and all the other looks) without transparency enabled, which makes me wonder if there is a way to make them look like this permanently

EDIT2: Here is a screenshot of what I mean: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28476963/AeroGlassWindows7.png

I will try to release it in a few days including the source code.
Will you be releasing the source code soon? ^^

I doubt I can be of any help at all, but I'd love to read it (I'm fascinated by DLL injections and Windows behaviour modifications).

this theme may be similar to what your looking for:

http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Chameleon-for-8-v1-352577762

Hi! Version 4 is very nice and fast in direc3d mode, but sometimes it just simple crashes. I was moving a window last time when crash occured.

My crash log:

Writing crash log...
uDWM: 0x17D27692: ?
uDWM: 0x17D41366: ?
uDWM: 0x17D41A9D: ?
uDWM: 0x17D26869: ?
uDWM: 0x17D267F5: ?
uDWM: 0x17D0EC3C: ?
KERNEL32: 0x2588167E: ?
ntdll: 0x28233501: ?

Is anybody here who has experience with uxtheme/msstyles? I am trying to implement feature which allows to set theme resource without msstyle patching (including caption glow effect) but I am probably missing something :-)