Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Let us pay now so we can use it without popups, please?

thats my point as well - he is looking for a perfect finished version - that will never happen - there will always be a - what if? - so make this version 1 - give it a price point - those who want to pay will - those who dont can stick with 0.7 with popups

seems perfectly simple - if he messes about much more someone will bypass the popups and the chance has gone

It's illogical? Maybe they wanted to see if the lag in game is solved?

It is written above. The message box appears approx. once an hour and it is enough time to see whether the game lags or not.

Are you sure? For me it's random.

Are you sure? For me it's random.

Could that be because you are changing settings? I believe that changing any of the settings (including using AGTweaker) stops and restarts the app - so the "hour" starts again and you get a nag-box after five minutes.

PS - For anyone who wants to quickly and easily disable the notices whilst watching vids, playing games etc - just use AGTweaker and disable AeroGlass when you need "peace and quiet" ;) (Note - even high-high and professional apps have annoying pop-ups - email notifications from outlook, updates available etc - it's standard practice to disable them when watching vids, giving presentations etc)

Not sure why but I am using the latest version and have not seen this nag box everyone keeps complaining about yet, as far as I know there is nothing on my system that would prevent it, anyone have an idea why that would be?

Big Muscle removed the popup in the v0.7. But can you all remember what you did before it started to pop up again? (Perhaps changed some things using the very functional AGT GUI? :) - Big Muscle said several times that its not supported, even if it is very useful for setting values). Simple reinstall in the exact way Big Muscle said to install should fix it, no?

Anyway, I think that people are getting a little too intense right now. In the end, this is Big Muscle's project. He is creating something that I believe the vast majority of Windows 8 users will appreciate greatly.

Still, I get worried. In the last few pages, I've seen this thread fall into a pattern I've seen before in other places and other forum. Lets all behave well so that we don't end up annoying a valued developer. Remember, if you are on this thread, I'm certain you will want him to stay here ;)

Thank you Big Muscle for all your hard work.

On-topic: I am sorry, I have nothing new here. This post was mostly to say what is above. I will stay on topic in the future.

Well said, Drake. I was considering writing up something very similar.

BigMuscle, I apologize for being forward, but have no idea whether you've done software sales / ecommerce before... if you'd like to eMail me I can offer some thoughts on commercializing the product. Or we can discuss them here if you'd like. Or not at all - your choice. :)

-Noel

Hi..

I tried Versin 0.5 and with a low colour-intensity I get blured transparent windows. Ok... that worked. Version 0.7 does not work... It does not work, because it doesn t load at start-up. Why I don t know?! Path and all is correct!!! But my Windows doesn t load it! ... AWTweaker 1.21 doesn t work, too. Apply, half second blank sreen and ... nothing!

You know why it does not load? Solutions for me?

Maybe it is problem that you have UEFI secure boot enabled? No solution for it yet :-(

I had the same behavior. I needed to disable Secureboot manually in the bios.

Windows8_Glass.png

Edited by Tarzikaf

Sorry for this, but I have approx. ten years experience that people does not want to test anything. They want to use it for free, nothing more and when some problem appears they starts shouting that the software is sh*t and think that I fix the bug in 5 minutes and send them fixed version immediately. That's my experience and unfortunately this software confirmed it again :( you can read this topic and you find people complaining in caps lock many times about some problem and if I tell them that I have not found a solution yet, they complain again and again... The popup is an issue only if you don't want to test anything - or do you thing that user who downgrades to old "popup-less" version wants to test anything? It makes no sense to report already fixed bugs :wacko:

We understand that this is for test and bug report. But you should understand us, too. I did not came here by google-search "be tester for aero glass for Win 8 beta". And it is an advantage for you that we test it, or why do you present your software here? All we people who have to suffer your notification should get the program for free. We help you developing it.

There are given some conditions of the software usage. If you agree with them, use it. If you don't agree, don't use it. Simple! If you are trying to find a way how to use it against the given conditions then it is same as using cracked software.

Given conditions are: No Aero Glass. So what is Windows 8 with Aero Glass in your opinion?

People is incredible. You offer them a free car and they are upset about the color. It's freakin' simple: TAKE IT or LEAVE IT. Nobody is forcing you to use the software.

BIG THANK YOU BIGMUSCLE for your AMAZING software!

People is incredible. You offer them a free car and they are upset about the color. It's freakin' simple: TAKE IT or LEAVE IT. Nobody is forcing you to use the software.

BIG THANK YOU BIGMUSCLE for your AMAZING software!

As free crash test dummy I´d like to choose the color at least :thumbup

Someone complained that it makes impossible to play games because the message box kills the game. Ok, it's bad, but why you use experimental software while playing the games? It's illogical.

How do you propose I benchmark the performace hits?

That could, of course, be judged in just a few minutes of game play.

Not really it couldn't. You need more hours to make better sample, because VRAM usage constantly changes and Alt+Tabbing isn't an option. IDK why 0.7 just can't be 1.0. Just give it some reasonable price and you'll be rich. I have been using SIB since it came out and the bugs didn't annoy me as long I could have actually working start menu.

Edited by Blackbird256

Being a developer too (or on my way to be), I understand BigMuscle. I can't talk for him, but I can talk for me;

There's generally a few types of feedback when I release something and I explicitely tell them "it's a testing software. It may crash, it may not work as you want, and it may even kill your kittens":

1. Nothing work! *whine*
  2. It keeps crashing. This is the most useless piece of ****** I have ever installed
  3. It crashed when I did [manipulation]. I looked at the program log and the error it gives me is [insert error here].

The first definitely is useless, aside from letting the developer know that it failed at some point.

The second is worse, because it shows a lack of control and civility.

The third one is good, and the correct way to report problems in testing software. The developer can't fix a problem without knowing what happened, during which operation. Every hint helps.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is testing software. it /will/ improve, but it is easier for everyone when problems and disagreements are explained maturely and with calm.

If you don't like a feature/behavior, ask nicely and describe your opinion in a civilized way. Don't moan/whine/cuss/diss.

The only world where being mad and mean at someone to get it done is when it's coming from who gives you the money for your bread.

That being said...

The fact that it works already that well at version 0.7 for many people is a great thing, considering that glass was called as "Gone".

I personally chose to use it in my production environment, because it is my choice and I accept to deal with the consequences, even if it goes as far as destroying my whole data storage. Because everything I currently do already risks such things, one more can't really make a difference.

Edited by Tarzikaf

Please stop talking about those popups, that's bigmuscle choice and complaining about it won't change anything.

If you can't stand them simply consider that Aero Glass for Windows 8 is not available yet, uninstall it and come back later.

That's all folks.