Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Well good points but I think we understand its not finished/buggy/could break things by the nature of it not even having an installer and we're having to tweak a reg file to make it work in the first place.

Also a good point, though I think you're underestimating just how stupid people can get. I wouldn't be surprised if some people just downloaded this and the GUI, and didn't read anything or care how it worked. Without the popups there'd probably be 10 more pages of related complaints.

I think just having a popup at login or something would be better, but it's up to BM and I don't really mind.

I am also having issues in the latest beta. Everything is 100% transparent, past beta worked perfectly. Are there any log files or anything of that nature that I can upload to assist in fixing this issue? I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you fix this. Take your time. :) Yes I know this is a beta.

You're not alone, there's a debug version for you and some related info on previous pages.

Maybe we should make a(n additional) FAQ or something haha

Edited by hello2u

Also a good point, though I think you're underestimating just how stupid people can get. I wouldn't be surprised if some people just downloaded this and the GUI, and didn't read anything or care how it worked. Without the popups there'd probably be 10 more pages of related complaints.

Welp, I was just playing a game for 45 minutes and got the popup right in the middle of the action which put the game into windowed mode and made me have to stop and deal with it.

Uninstalling. I'd love to have Aero Glass back some day and hopefully BM reconsiders these obnoxious popups.

u31pHYu.jpg

Edited by mvd

Welp, I was just playing a game for 45 minutes and got the popup right in the middle of the action which put the game into windowed mode and made me have to stop and deal with it.

Uninstalling. I'd love to have Aero Glass back some day and hopefully BM reconsiders these obnoxious popups.

u31pHYu.jpg

Big muscle has made it clear many times that this is not intended to be used all the time, it is a preview and beta version, not a final product. If you don't want popups don't leave it running.

For those who can't get native blur and transparency :

Try DirectX 9.3/9.2/9.1 instead of automatic, don't select DirectX 10 and up

If you're using UEFI BIOS, try disable secure boot and blur + glass should come back. It works for me, so I think it i'll work for you guys.

If you get black screen after active Aero Glass, enable secure boot and boot again to windows and uninstall/change settings.

PS: does anyone have v0.85 ? I can't access all link in this topic :(

Edited by hoatongoc

ok, after some tries it finally works on my laptop. And it also works for 32Bit now fine:

post-70718-0-92224600-1366123607_thumb.p

It is so great. Performance is good (the delay before the Windows got the glass is gone). I'm so happy :):thumbup:w00t:

btw, why does my crash.log never shows the correct callstack? What are the requirements?

how do u get it to work

I m struggling to get this but there appears a massage

maybe a clean procedure would be helpful

post-374113-0-99193000-1366513826_thumb.

Has anyone tried this with the leaked builds of Windows 8.1, if it doesn't work with it then the testing stage may turn out to be a on going thing. Surely Microsoft is aware of this project, so I can see them doing 1 of 2 things. Either putting glass back into Windows to kill Big Muscles project, or constantly changing things to mess up his project.

However, my UEFI BIOS verion is 2.51

I fount that option, but the result wasn't great, only black screen after booting, maybe it's Kaspersky work.

Edited by kikiwora