Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

The sheer amount of disrespect in this post is absolutely astounding. After straight up telling you he is doing it for fun and wishes people respect his notifications, you tell him he is lying and wrong, and that you know better than his own intentions? It amazes me that you would consider HIS behavior inappropriate. It's probably a good thing he is now developing it privately. People like you and others here that are trying to defend any of deltebew's actions don't even deserve to use it. How many times does bigmuscle have to try to explain that this is for testing purposes only and IS NOT meant to be used regularly? It's as if you people are a couple of children constantly throwing a tantrum about how "I want it now!" If it weren't for bigmuscle you wouldn't even have what you currently do, be grateful for that.

We know it´s for testing only, but to test means to have to run it regularly. I can´t need a one hour message telling me what I already know so I stopped testing it days ago the more so as all issues I had are mentioned here already. What I deserve is not up to you to decide by the way.

Not really. You misunderstood his post completely. He's saying everything will be cracked eventually an there is nothing you can do about it and you shouldn't cease development, because someone did. If everyone followed bigmuscle's way there would be nothing finished at all. For example HL2 was leaked sometime in 2003 completely even with source code. Did that stop Valve from releasing HL2? No it didn't. They disregarded it, continued on and finished it. That is unless he will be working on it privately which is fine, because I can just use 0.7 in meantime if I really need it. He should really stop caring what a bunch of mean things anonymous people said on internet. If i learnt something from various internet communities it's that people can do complete 180° of their personality and act like as****** without consequences.

You could at least share changelogs if anything. Those were interesting to read. Otherwise there is point in this thread now?

You got it. But it should be said that deltebew had no evil intention.

it makes no sense to me - if the software is released into the wild then the developer loses control - he can say what he wants about copyright but its pointless - it will be 'cracked/modified if it is not what people want - what has happened was forced to happen - even with private previews it would still have got out - this is one hack by one person - hell Microsoft cannot keep control of anything and stop it getting hacked what chance is there here - its something many people want and by the comments on here something people will pay for - so with full respect bigmuscle dont throw the teddy out of the pram - put an installer on what you have - release is as version 1 - if you intended to charge for it then do so - if you continue to work on it and fix every bug and add every feature you will never release it as there will also be a new feature you want to add or play with

an example of how this would have been better is in another thread - startisback is still under development - its available and has been from early version as a paid for release - its downloadable for free there are no popups but it shuts down features after 30 days - that works - if people like it they buy it - or not as there are cracked versions around as i am sure the author knows - he seems to accept that and continues to improve the software in the knowledge that people will come back and buy it

There are "Trial resets", "Patchers" and "Pre-cracked" versions of SIB but 99 % of them are contaminated with malware. So if you load a "free" SIB you probably will load some trojans or even viruses to your computer. There are various Youtube clips leading to cracked SIB e.g . S#ckers want to earn via adfly and give you contaminated software. So you can pay the 3 bucks or you can load some malware.

At the beginning, I didn't want to release any preview version. My plan was to show screenshots only, test it in closed group and provide free open-source application when I implement all basic things I had planned. It was my good will that I provided preview/testing version to the public. And people started to complain that they can't use it in a way which it was not intended to. Ok, crack it.. do everything what you want, it is not my problem, I can't stop it and I don't even want to stop it from cracking. I just see a bit rude to talk about cracking and releasing cracked version here, in the official support thread. And this is what I won't support and it is why I'm returning to my original plan - test only in the closed group and I will release the public version later. When? When it is done. Free or paid? I don't know, I must decide - I don't want to earn any money on this (the new programming skills are enough to me) and I know that many people will crack it again without paying, so... many years ago, I developed paid application and nobody was able to crack it (in the sense that forums were full of requests to crack it but nobody ever did it), so I could implement similar mechanism but why? To increase the binary size and stopping it to be light-weight as much as possible?

If it was about to be a freeware, it would have been enough to mention it once that´s a testing version. You want to earn money? No Problem. Good money for good work. But testers ain´t dummies. That´s what I want to say about it.

Fine by me. i'm glad to hear you're not just flat out deleting it and making all that time you developed it for nothing. You'd be actually surprised how much idiots go complain their cracked version of game/software doesn't work on its official forums. It's rather hilarious they don't understand that cracked version are never ever supported by real developers and I agree that if you put some kind of DRM into it, it will feel really bloated especially if it "called home" like Start8.

Given that this is a test version, if it breaks on them and causes damage to their system, that's their problem. I just don't think having a popup message will really solve anything.

The sheer amount of disrespect in this post is absolutely astounding. After straight up telling you he is doing it for fun and wishes people respect his notifications, you tell him he is lying and wrong, and that you know better than his own intentions? It amazes me that you would consider HIS behavior inappropriate. It's probably a good thing he is now developing it privately. People like you and others here that are trying to defend any of deltebew's actions don't even deserve to use it. How many times does bigmuscle have to try to explain that this is for testing purposes only and IS NOT meant to be used regularly? It's as if you people are a couple of children constantly throwing a tantrum about how "I want it now!" If it weren't for bigmuscle you wouldn't even have what you currently do, be grateful for that.

We know it´s for testing only, but to test means to have to run it regularly. I can´t need a one hour message telling me what I already know so I stopped testing it days ago the more so as all issues I had are mentioned here already. What I deserve is not up to you to decide by the way.

You're absolutely right, that's not for me to decide. It's for big muscle to decide how you may use his software. It's also very easy to test within an hours time. An hour is a pretty long time to be using a computer, and the only scenario where it would not work is extended game of video playback, a scenario that can be tested well within an hour. You're pretending as if testing requires it to be running 24/7, which is not true.

If it was about to be a freeware, it would have been enough to mention it once that´s a testing version. You want to earn money? No Problem. Good money for good work. But testers ain´t dummies. That´s what I want to say about it.

Many testing software does not even let you run it for more than 30 minutes and then it closes. And no tester has a problem with it. There is only one kind of users who complain about it - those one who does not want to test anything. And I again repeat that this was not intention of my releases. If you don't want to test than don't use it. Yes, you can say milliontimes "I want to test but that popup message stops me from testing" but I can only answer that it's the lie. People who say this just ended up downgrading to some very old version - and this only shows that they does not want to test anything, because it has no testing sense to use old very buggy version with degraded performance and many security bugs.

Given that this is a test version, if it breaks on them and causes damage to their system, that's their problem. I just don't think having a popup message will really solve anything.

Yes, it solves only one thing - it stops/annoys you using the software if your intention is not the testing/previewing.

so I could implement similar mechanism but why?

If you want to earn money from it, then you should add some protection, it is obvious.

I follow this project since v0.7 was released and there was something like this in the first post: "I'm doing this project for fun", "I'll release source code soon"... It's gone now. Too bad that's money ruin everything good.

Thanks to bigmuscle now I have some motivation to learn hooks and code smth too. All this reminds me a good old times in another community. I think I'll stay here for a while.

P.S. I found another text in his dll:

"THIS IS PREVIEW VERSION ONLY!!! Copyright © 2013 Big Muscle If you like this utility, you can donate via PayPal: bigmuscle@centrum.cz Close this window to exit Aero Glass effect..."

So you can stop posting here messages about respect and just send him money. That's all he wants, I know it now.

Maybe the people who are complaining about the pre-release message are not native speakers of English and are not understanding what you have typed over and over and over.

Ha! You've got it! That's it! And it appears over and over again. I explained milliontimes the reason of the popup message and people were writing again and again about it. I said milliontimes that I don't want to earn any money and people are still writing over and over again that I want to earn money. It is just a bit of comedy :blink:

bews: that's another point. This text was written in the console window of version 0.1 and 0.2. People say that they will pay for final version, but why they didn't donate when this message was here in the previous versions? Instead they were searching for the way how to remove the window with this information. Interesting...

bews: that's another point. This text was written in the console window of version 0.1 and 0.2. People say that they will pay for final version, but why they didn't donate when this message was here in the previous versions? Instead they were searching for the way how to remove the window with this information. Interesting...

Of course they didn't. And I'm not sure that they pay even for final version if it will be free. Maybe 1-2 people, maybe.

For me it's better to have console window than a popup - I can just move it to the bottom of the screen and forget about it till next reboot.

Edited by bews

Maybe the people who are complaining about the pre-release message are not native speakers of English and are not understanding what you have typed over and over and over.

Ha! You've got it! That's it! And it appears over and over again. I explained milliontimes the reason of the popup message and people were writing again and again about it. I said milliontimes that I don't want to earn any money and people are still writing over and over again that I want to earn money. It is just a bit of comedy :blink:

Stop it, Bews. Can we just end it? He denied the fact that he will charge for it. Now let's move on! He is doing us a favor. Why are you returning evil for good? I feel sorry for BigMuscle. Some people on the internet have nothing better to do than accuse bigmuscle and disrespect his intended use of testing versions.

Really, people, go get a job, get a life. Get a life! If you just get off the internet and get a job, then that will solve the issue you foresee with him charging for the software.

Back on topic, please.

If you intend to use it for daily uses now, you're clearly mistaking. It's not finish, there's some issue, which is why he has that message pop up.

There's no where that says he will make it paid. This topic is getting ridiculous. I think we should at least thank bigmuscle for his hard work, not criticize him for something small and intentional.

P.S. I found another text in his dll:

"THIS IS PREVIEW VERSION ONLY!!! Copyright © 2013 Big Muscle If you like this utility, you can donate via PayPal: bigmuscle@centrum.cz Close this window to exit Aero Glass effect..."

So you can stop posting here messages about respect and just send him money. That's all he wants, I know it now.

I'm just going to debunk this right now. The beginning text is copied straight from the popup from earlier versions, not even beta; the rest you just typed in. From the wording alone it would make no sense for him to include this in any version... current, past, or release/future.

Enjoy your inevitable ban. o/

Edited by hello2u