Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Thanks Rayn19, I downloaded version 0.85 and I get the following dialogues:

Shell32.png

ThemeCPL.png

And my current debug log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28476963/AeroGlass/debug.log

I'm running Windows 8 Professional with Media Centre x64 and the version 0.5 loads fine.

(This laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium x86 back when I bought it so I assume it's not a secure boot issue?)

Edited by ElvenSpellmaker

I'm getting a jump list glitch that does not occur in Windows 7:

yI0QxkT.jpg

Is there any chance of this getting fixed? Or is it a fundamental issue with Windows 8? Also, I'm working on a Windows 8 theme utilizing your glass utility, do you have a rough estimate of when we can be expecting a usable beta?

Thank you!

Thanks Rayn19, I downloaded version 0.85 and I get the following dialogues:

Shell32.png

ThemeCPL.png

And my current debug log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28476963/AeroGlass/debug.log

I'm running Windows 8 Professional with Media Centre x64 and the version 0.5 loads fine.

(This laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium x86 back when I bought it so I assume it's not a secure boot issue?)

Try lowering the the color intensity, while using v0.85.

pers-color-intensity.jpg

yI0QxkT.jpg

Is there any chance of this getting fixed? Or is it a fundamental issue with Windows 8? Also, I'm working on a Windows 8 theme utilizing your glass utility, do you have a rough estimate of when we can be expecting a usable beta?

Thank you!

I see this as the bug in the theme and not in the aeroglass utility.

Hi Rayn19,

I moved the slider and as soon as I did the transparency burst into life, even when I put it back high again, is this a bug in the 0.8(5) versions?

I still get the messages when I go to the Screen Resolution page and I don't know if it will continue to work on a reboot.

(Also is there any way to change the inactive colour, because I can barely distinguish them from each other [much like Windows 7].)

There is no 0.85 version, you probably mean that debug build which was intended for testing surface render target only. The other things in it are completely broken so it is normal that you get message boxes about incompatibility.

And yes, inactive colour can be changed in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM using DWORD values ColorizationColorInactive, ColorizationColorBalanceInactive, ColorizationBlurBalanceInactive, ColorizationAfterglowInactive and ColorizationAfterglowBalanceInactive .

yI0QxkT.jpg

Thank you!

It's ported directly from my Windows 7 theme which does not have this issue so I don't think the issue is with my theme. Others are having a similar issue albeit with a hack workaround: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1832.msg10279#msg10279

Thanks

yI0QxkT.jpg

Thank you!

It's ported directly from my Windows 7 theme which does not have this issue so I don't think the issue is with my theme. Others are having a similar issue albeit with a hack workaround: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1832.msg10279#msg10279

Thanks

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

yI0QxkT.jpg

Thank you!

Thanks

Sorry double post, seems there was a database error

Join the club with the database error causing double posts. I wonder if the admins of the forum know about this?

Sorry double post, seems there was a database error

Join the club with the database error causing double posts. I wonder if the admins of the forum know about this?

We sure do know and are working to solve it for some time already...

yI0QxkT.jpg

Thank you!

It's ported directly from my Windows 7 theme which does not have this issue so I don't think the issue is with my theme. Others are having a similar issue albeit with a hack workaround: http://vistastylebui...g10279#msg10279

Thanks

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

screenshotworkingjumpli.png

Works fine here on default theme (I also turned on "thin edges" and custom theme resource "default", but works even if you don't).

Edited by Gabe

What is wrong about Mobility Center? It works as expected here.

wmc.png

I see. Must be Dell's fault then.

screenshotwindowsmobili.png

Edited by Gabe