Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

7-z is just better compression, here is a 7zip sfx file I made that will work for you, just install then right click file and it will be in the 7-zip context menu..DPyes.gif

[download 7-zip.sfx]

Woah, awesome, thanks! So I placed everything in a folder I made called "DWM" in C Drive, I'm betting that I'll have to click on the "Load Glass" and "Swatches" Registration Entries to get this thing to work? SHOULD I? I absolutely don't want my computer to blow up, lol is this that stable?

Bigmuscle says I have to point the Registration files toward the dll files too on the first page which I'm not entirely sure how to do... lol you know, I'll keep these files handy right here and I may just wait for the thing to get out of beta (which is hopefully soon, but no rush!)

Edited by BlindMango

Just install AGTweaker from link below and put the DWMGlass64.dll with it since you have a 64-bit OS and then launch AGTweaker to use it ..

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/162036-aero-glass-tweaker-gui-for-win8-v132/

7-z is just better compression, here is a 7zip sfx file I made that will work for you, just install then right click file and it will be in the 7-zip context menu..DPyes.gif

[download 7-zip.sfx]

Woah, awesome, thanks! So I placed everything in a folder I made called "DWM" in C Drive, I'm betting that I'll have to click on the "Load Glass" and "Swatches" Registration Entries to get this thing to work? SHOULD I? I absolutely don't want my computer to blow up, lol is this that stable?

Just install AGTweaker from link below and put the DWMGlass64.dll with it since you have a 64-bit OS and then launch AGTweaker to use it ..

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/162036-aero-glass-tweaker-gui-for-win8-v132/

Oh okay, I already had AGTweaker installed here, I didn't know it is what actually did everything on its own, cool beans, now my windows are transparent! Awesome!

Also, I'm guessing that pop-up issue never got resolved where it keeps popping up and says "use at your own risk"? I've had it show up twice already =P Uh-oh

*Bug Report for Bigmuscle: It's working great so far! I have noticed that if Microsoft Office 2013 program windows are behind say, a Google Chrome window, then the Google Chrome ... chrome is not colorized or blurred anymore, it has the clear, non-color, non-blurred interface showing up right behind it, weird, if you drag the Google Chrome (or any other window) around in front of a Microsoft Word (Office program) 2013 window, it reacts as intended in some spots and shows clearly through in other spots

Edited by BlindMango

I have a installer that I made that automatically sets it all up for you, if interested let me know and I can post it ...DP

Just install the gui AGTweaker with the dll files for your OS bit..

I tried 0.9 and edited the registry destination to C:\windows\aero\DWMGlass.dll, then put everything in aero folder, is there a reason why it didn't work at all? no errors or anything, but UI looks completely the same.

I tried using Tweaker but have experienced no change whatsoever.

That would be really great, I can't get it to work for some reason now all it does is give a strange flash upon loading metro.

Thank you very much for good solution!!! But how to disable annoying message with above text:

This is demo version of aero glass for Win8 v0.9

!!! USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!

Copyright © 2013 Big Muscle

This message appears every time, when notebook arise from sleeping.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Thanks for solution!

Intel HD 3000: debug.log | crash.log

nVidia 9500GT: debug.log | crash.log

I'm aware of this crash, I know what it is caused by but I cannot reproduce it :}The reason is that dwm.exe process is running under different user (Desktop Window Manager\DWM-1,2...) privileges which does not have access to your profile. So when DWM needs to read some user's settings, it must ask some remote process to give the registry key handle. I catch this registry handle and store it so I can read user's settings (mostly inactive frame colorization). But when remote side destroys this handle and my library wants to use it then it will crash. No solution for it yet :(

Its BETA (not the final product for production) which means you are Suppose to be testing it and then report any bugs back here, When Final version is release the nag screen will go away..DP

Thank you very much for good solution!!! But how to disable annoying message with above text:

This is demo version of aero glass for Win8 v0.9

!!! USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!

Copyright © 2013 Big Muscle

This message appears every time, when notebook arise from sleeping.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Thanks for solution!

Please, dont react to those complaining about message box. I see absolutely no sense to register to this forum just to complain about message box that has been discussed million-times in this thread.

My taskbars match my windows now. :o

Didn't really change anything, though windows explorer restarted itself a few times since I restarted the computer.

My guess is that the effect will go back to not matching when I restart, but I'll let you know.

AERO GLASS for Win8 RC0

What's new?

* correctly adjust colorization settings to generate glass safety zone

--> this should remove most of artifacts caused by not reducing occlusion rectangles by blur radius

* correctly choose whether to fill surface by color or to blur its background

* frame colors respect theme opacity settings

* fixed incompatibility on some dwmcore.dll versions

* workaround for crash on settings reload

* fixed colorization algorithm in 32-bit

https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13124