Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Did 0.9 really work or you just had native blur enabled ?

Yes, it worked/is working, no native blur enabled, I don't even have the key in registry.

Edited by Tusticles

Did more test. Here is the debug log. my GPU is GTX580,

1). Auto DeviceFeatureLevel, hold CTRL key to boot, taskbar blur is missing in this case, other thing is working normally.

debug-hold_ctrl.txt

2). Right after 1), Drag a windows and make it touch the low part of the taskbar. Black screen appear.

debug-hold_ctrl+drag.txt

3) Boot without holding Ctrl key, auto DeviceFeature level

debug-No_ctrl.txt

Note: Logs for 1 and 3 are capture after deleting the old log. log 2 is captured directly after log 1.

Edited by lolchampion

It makes no difference. "crashfix" just fixes crash from your crashlog.txt.

Yes, tried this registry setting with rc0 crashfix and it worked, auto device future level, blur was not applied on taskbar and startmenu but restarting explorer will fix it, no crash when restarting explorer :)

debug_crashfix_callBlurShapes.txt

Edited by Tusticles

It makes no difference. "crashfix" just fixes crash from your crashlog.txt.

Yes, tried this registry setting with rc0 crashfix and it worked, auto device future level, blur was not applied on taskbar and startmenu but restarting explorer will fix it, no crash when restarting explorer :)

Same result here. Add the registry setting and reboot. Everything is working now with auto DeviceFeatureLevel, taskbar have its blur back too.

Edited by lolchampion

Ok, tried rc0 with callBlurShapes, black screen after applying then held ctrl button for a long time and it returned to desktop, ah, and glass was still active.

see debug_rc0_callBlurShapes.txt

--edit--

tried again rc0, this time when pressed the apply button in AGTweaker it worked then pressed apply button again and black screen occured.

see debug_rc0_callBlurShapes2.txt

--edit--

Man, I have no idea what have you done but 0.9 is optimized, Is smooth on all p-states :D :D :D, let's hope it stays like this.

debug_rc0_callBlurShapes.txt

debug_rc0_callBlurShapes2.txt

Edited by Tusticles

Ok, so please, use default settings (no additional key in registry, no specific device feature level) and install this version

http://leteckaposta.cz/723577425

When blackscreen appears, hold F11 for approx. one second and it starts generating file threads.log. It can take a while, because it will download public debug symbols from Microsoft servers (which are several MBs). Then it will automatically kill the process (which will result in dwm.exe restart, so it will be probably stuck with another black screen, so hold CTRL after pressing F11. I hope this will work and it will help to fix the problem :-)

And of course, then send me threads.log file.

Ok, so please, use default settings (no additional key in registry, no specific device feature level) and install this version

http://leteckaposta.cz/723577425

When blackscreen appears, hold F11 for approx. one second and it starts generating file threads.log. It can take a while, because it will download public debug symbols from Microsoft servers (which are several MBs). Then it will automatically kill the process (which will result in dwm.exe restart, so it will be probably stuck with another black screen, so hold CTRL after pressing F11. I hope this will work and it will help to fix the problem :-)

And of course, then send me threads.log file.

Done. Here is the log.

threads.txt

debug.txt

i have a problem with 0.91(RC0). when i drag a window and it starts to enter taskbar space i get a black screen. even on autohide taskbar when it is 1 pixel when window crosses it - instant black screen. with v0.9(beta3) i don't have this problem. sorry for bad English.

Cannot guarantee 100% success, but if you're having issues with a DLL try running Windows update, and after installing all the updates and rebooting, run "sfc /scannow" without quotes from an elevated command prompt. A really useful command and non of the all in one tools ever seem to run it (System Mechanic, Advanced System Care, etc.). Running that command checks system files (including DLLs) for corruption. It will replace them with correct versions. Try that and reboot afterwards. Then, you could always redownload some Windows updates and try reinstalling them again.

Edited by MikeRL