Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Good Job Kid!.. and you can just right click it now and pin to start menu for quick access..DP yes.gif

Off topic but whats the deal with Chrome and all the Data base errors when trying to post? Dont see to have a issue when posting off of IE tho..

Thank you sir, i just want to help :lol:

Here is the Aero Glass for Windows 8 (How to Manual) and Some tweaks step from me to make the Aero Glass looks like Windows 7 or Windows 8 RP :yes:

Download How To Manual and Tweaks Step

Thanks so much for the instructions; they're surely a big help to those non-techies out here!

Looks like this DWM Hook is ready for prime time. I'm waiting for the final release to avoid the warning pop-ups and welcome this great enhancement to Windows 8!

Edited by ssn650

I just installed fences by stardock and the program settings are integrated in Control Panel, I hope you will do the same. :)

If Bigmuscle does that though it might break in Windows 8.1

I just installed fences by stardock and the program settings are integrated in Control Panel, I hope you will do the same. :)

How so? There isn't Control Panel in 8.1 or what? StartIsBack has its settings in it too.

Edited by Blackbird256

I can't find that file in System32 u.u.. it seems that doesn't exist in Windows 8 Build 9200..

It is NOT a file in System32. It is PART of the .msstyles file of any theme. That is also why the W8 Basic theme has the style different then normal.

post-373381-0-49848600-1369662570_thumb.

Did you know, how to add it? it's that via the registry?

I'll make the AGTwekaer added to the control panel, if you would to tell me how :D

By the way, does ORelio still develope the AGTwekaer?

Or waiting for the final release of Aero Glass for DWM first? :}

How so? There isn't Control Panel in 8.1 or what? StartIsBack has its settings in it too.

Ha! I never noticed this because it just says "Start Menu" like it did in previous versions (of Windows).

So yes, a settings shortcut in the control panel should be no difficulty because many applications have this.

Edited by drakenabarion

Did you know, how to add it? it's that via the registry?

I'll make the AGTwekaer added to the control panel, if you would to tell me how :D

By the way, does ORelio still develope the AGTwekaer?

Or waiting for the final release of Aero Glass for DWM first? :}

It's easy but Fences settings are not opened in a new window, but in Control Panel window, it's a shell extension.

fencesctrlimpl.png

--edit--

Reg file for AGTweaker

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"
"InfoTip"="Change Aero Glass Settings"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\Shell\Open\command]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"

Edited by Tusticles

AERO GLASS for Win8 RC2

* optimized buffer size

* send integer screen size to vertex shader (this should reduce occasional flickering)

* improved D3D error handling

This version does not bring anything important now. It just contains several internal optimizations which I need to test before final release to decide whether to include them now or postpone them for some later 1.x release.

Edited by bigmuscle

The existing version isn't going to work with 8.1 anyway. DWM will have undergone far more changes than control panel for starters...

--edit--

Reg file for AGTweaker

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"
"InfoTip"="Change Aero Glass Settings"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\Shell\Open\command]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"

Oke thank's i'll make it included in RC2 installer version.

By the way can you send me the Updated AGTwekaer modification to be included in the installer version :D