Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

Btw, I played a bit, it's a glitchy as hell but:

win81_glass.jpg

However, the testing versions will be available on invitation only.

I'm impressed, that was very quick work (buggy or not) :). Nice job.

+1

I am also really impressed, 8.1 + aero Blur will be hel of a OS.

This solution should be honestly putted in the Windows Store when it is completed. I gives so much more to Windows 8.

Thanks Bigmuscle.

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

Btw, I played a bit, it's a glitchy as hell but:

win81_glass.jpg

However, the testing versions will be available on invitation only.

I'm a huge advocate for this software as it brings back what I think is one of the key forward thinking concepts in GUI design.

I was so glad when I stumbled across this project, and RC3 works flawlessly.

I'd be willing to help out with a Windows 8.1 version of the project if you'd like. =)

The screenshot probably doesn't show how glitchy it is, but it looks great from the screenshot!

i have an error when i import the key swatches.reg

show me the way to import this reg

You need to take ownership of that Registry tree, then only you can edit the values.

@bigmuscle: Release another RC before final, so we can test it. We should make sure the final version is as less buggy as possible.

and also count me in for private beta testing!

Aero Glass is looking better and better with more Aero Glass capable themes coming to Windows 8.

aero_glass_soft8.jpg

Offtopic, what is the software you use to show the dl and up speed near the right below corner ?

To get back onto the main topic, PLEASE do include the installer with the last RC. Since who knows what could screw up on that thing if it is shipped with only one person testing the installer? More eyes=less bugs. That way the final can be as close to perfection as humanly possible. :)