Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Hey guys, made a new all in one installer for the latest version, I have tested it a fair amount but as always, make a backup or system restore before making any changes to your OS, the installer comes with a complete uninstaller as well, all registries keys are adding during installation and also removed when uninstalled, including color swatches, the installer can be used on x86 and x64 systems and all features are enabled by default, the installer also includes the modified simple version of AGTweaker and it will add a desktop shortcut as well as a context menu shortcut for AGTweaker.

Here are a few screen shots of the installer.

[...]

What theme are you using?

No, it cannot be. It is always enabled. The reason is that it does not make sense to be disabled. Normally symbols are not downloaded at all, the server is contacted only when your DWM is incompatible and if it is disabled, you would not get any glass at all.

Okay, it makes perfect sense.

No, it won't be backward compatible because Win8.1 uses different kind of desktop rendering.

Sad to hear that. :(

About everything else: While many things seem to make sense, security context is already violated severely. An app launching DWM outside Winlogon (if it can, actually, be done) may be a nasty hole in it, yet an opened global injection key, famous to be used by malware, and a disabled BIOS setting blocking it and bootsector misuse, seems to be a much bigger evil. But anyway, you're the boss. :rolleyes:

Edited by EvilAlex

... security context is already violated severely. An app launching DWM outside Winlogon (if it can, actually, be done) may be a nasty hole in it, yet an opened global injection key, famous to be used by malware, and a disabled BIOS setting blocking it and bootsector misuse, seems to be a much bigger evil. But anyway, you're the boss. :rolleyes:

Clearly Microsoft doesn't want this to work. In their twisted minds, they want to close off everything, so that you get what they give and nothing more.

So what? They're all idiots up in Redmond now anyway. They should be happy people are trying to turn their dog crap of a system into something worth using. They clearly can no longer accomplish that themselves.

By the way, BigMuscle, your July 4 version, 0.95, works perfectly here on Windows 8.0.

I've kind of lost track... Were you thinking of trying to solve the "no highlight behind the title text in ribbon-type windows with Win 8 Aero" problem in your product out of the box, or were you thinking that opening up the ability to use alternate themes covers that well enough?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

To Windows 8.1 works WindowBlinds8

gp06.jpg

Just need to buy the program or crack for software WindowBlinds8

There is no blur, so that is really ugly.

I prefer from far what Bigmuscle did. The cpu load muss be also higher with WindowsBlind.

To Windows 8.1 works WindowBlinds8

gp06.jpg

Just need to buy the program or crack for software WindowBlinds8

There is no blur, so that is really ugly.

I prefer from far what Bigmuscle did. The cpu load muss be also higher with WindowsBlind.

Yes, with the blurring of Bigmuscle it would be better. Do not argue.

But as long as there is WindowBlinds8. Here is a working crack for WindowBlinds8 and one theme

kmj0.jpg

Final version for Win8 and (private) testing preview for Win8.1 will be available in a few days. Just be patient and do not post any cracked software here (and WB does not provide real glass effect thus it should not be discussed here either).

Clearly Microsoft doesn't want this to work. In their twisted minds, they want to close off everything, so that you get what they give and nothing more.

So what? They're all idiots up in Redmond now anyway. They should be happy people are trying to turn their dog crap of a system into something worth using. They clearly can no longer accomplish that themselves.

[offtopic]

True. But before blaming them, there's a bigger and much more sinister picture at play. Some even call it "the death of PC". I think such loud words are way far fetched, but the tendency is here indeed, and it is very disturbing.

Some wise guy wrote, "yes, you can do LESS, NOT MORE with tablets, and that's precisly why they're winning the market over". As paradoxal as it may sound, that's, unfortunaletly exactly what the average user wants: Simplicity.

That's a big, nasty, depressing topic which can be discussed endlessly. Point is: Redmond f***ed up not because they caught the wind, but because they're too late for it, their solution is bloated and cumbersome, and their

pushing of it into the "n.1 DESKTOP system", given it used to be their own system, is now more like a deliberate move to saw the branch on which they're seated (Or poison their own water... Doesn't matter, you've got the metaphor.),

since they obviously won't win the tablet market over at they did PC all that time ago. Being late to the table, instead of making up by sticking to thier plate and filling it with such a delicios food that no one will look at the plates of others,

they try to steal, silently, from the plates of others and compose something resembling a dish from these pieces. A completely losing strategy if you ask me... And of course, no one will. :)

[/offtopic]

So, cheers to the people like BigMuscle for trying to fix what can still be fixed.

And yes, can't wait for the final release :) Glad it'll happen soon.

Hey guys, made a new all in one installer for the latest version, I have tested it a fair amount but as always, make a backup or system restore before making any changes to your OS, the installer comes with a complete uninstaller as well, all registries keys are adding during installation and also removed when uninstalled, including color swatches, the installer can be used on x86 and x64 systems and all features are enabled by default, the installer also includes the modified simple version of AGTweaker and it will add a desktop shortcut as well as a context menu shortcut for AGTweaker.

Here are a few screen shots of the installer.

33kc7qv.jpg4rfep5.jpg2iw7bz7.jpg2hq84mx.jpg308h1cm.jpgv62h4g.jpg

u81g.jpg

Download the Installer from Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gv8ybnat6fdp88p

@ BigMuscle if this is not something you would like to have posted here please let me know and I will remove it.

Does it work if a previous version of Aeroglass was installed ?

Does it work if a previous version of Aeroglass was installed ?

It should but probably best to remove the old version first before using the installer, if you set it up manually before in C:\DWM the installer will move the old dwmglass.dll to the temp folder for deletion on restart and place the new one in there. but to be safe I would still recommend removing any previous versions completely including any registry entries you may have added, but really unless you need to test this build then it's probably better to just wait for Big Muscles final version he is going to release shortly.

Please add Windows 8.1 support.

Please read the post a above from BigMuscle

Final version for Win8 and (private) testing preview for Win8.1 will be available in a few days. Just be patient and do not post any cracked software here (and WB does not provide real glass effect thus it should not be discussed here either).