Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

This is the Windows 8 Thread and I see you are Still using XP, so you should ask over there..

Probably one off-topic question:

How to make real transparent tiles???

Thanks in advance!

"Failed to load custom theme file"

Every now and then I get this debug.log error message and was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it as well?confused.gif

It was already discussed before. It means that you have set your custom theme resource to the invalid file.

Sorry missed that one, invalid as in what? file missing , corrupted etc? oh and what post# was that so I can look it up..

Thanks, DP

"Failed to load custom theme file"

Every now and then I get this debug.log error message and was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it as well?confused.gif

It was already discussed before. It means that you have set your custom theme resource to the invalid file.

Sorry missed that one, invalid as in what? file missing , corrupted etc? oh and what post# was that so I can look it up..

Thanks, DP

The Custom Theme Resource file might have been accidentally deleted/moved OR the value set in the registry might be invalid.

Edited by Rayn19

Just got a black screen with cursor after updating and reboot. Any suggestion to boot into desktop aside from doing a system recovery?

I was using UxStyle with Aero Glass RC4 btw...

UPDATE: Ok nvm, after leaving it for 5 minutes or so the lock screen showed up and everything was back to normal.

Edited by quanzi1507

Thanks for the reply Rayn, do you or anyone else have the registry setting for the theme files so I can go ck it out..Thanks DP

Thanks, DP

The Custom Theme Resource file might have been accidentally deleted/moved OR the value set in the registry might be invalid.

Is the DWMGlass.png suppose to rename my selected custom theme file then stay in the DWM root folder?..I notice sometimes it pops out and other times it resides there..DP

Exception_Error_DWMGlass.png

I don't use AGTweaker, I set the values manually in the registry. I posted about the Custom Theme Resource a couple of weeks ago, here's the post. BTW I use Custom Themes now, with Uxstyle.

Make a new String Value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM , named, CustomThemeResource containing the path to the custom theme resource file and restart (or change between themes).

dwm-customtheme.jpg.

Edited by Rayn19

Thanks for the info Rayn, I did find the setting tho for AGTweaker in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM] with a Reg_Sz value as "CustomThemeResource"="C:\\DWM\\AlternateTheme.png" DP

This is why I discouraged from using any custom tweaker/installer because they modify registry values which you don't have control on. Then it may result in random errors because the values may be invalid and you don't know about them at all.