• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

2,631 posts in this topic

There is a windows rt jailbreak and I do understand the complexities of porting the hooking system.

Is there any method to edit the level of transparency / color opacity on the taskbar?

Edited by yavordh

if you use StartIsBack's transparency method then AeroGlass blur is rendered into taskbar too. Then the AeroGlass settings are also applied to the taskbar area.

For me, the taskbar is darker and not that transparent.

It is more transparent if you blur the background with photosop behind and enable taskbar transparency.

See: post-373792-0-90672800-1360239651_thumb.

Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!

Untitled_2_jpg_750x750_q85.jpg

I hope you will make the next version to work with lower GPU clocks. Btw, why Startisback is supported and Start8 not?

I hope you will make the next version to work with lower GPU clocks. Btw, why Startisback is supported and Start8 not?

Likely because StartIsBack uses DWM composited start menu and Start8 uses standard (layered) window. You can complain to Startdock, although they're likely to support blur with their WindowBlinds, not this tool.

Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

Edited by Cavok

Hello, I tested it and it's just great! ;)

Edited by AlphaBetaRC

Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

please, provide debug log in such case so we can know where it stopped working

Ah yes, forgot about it. After you release new version, I replace old files in C:\DWM with new ones. I also deleted the old debug log. Now, after I run version 3 of your hook, debug log is no longer created. It seems like a step backwards on my OS. I'll run it from desktop and see what happens.

debug log is created in the folder where DLL is located unless you disabled it in the registry

Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!

If I may ask, whcih visual style is that? I like the flatter look but with decent min/max/close buttons :).

lol your desktop doesn't look like windows 8 anymore it looks like windows 7

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

I have always cried for the Glass feature on Windows 8. Was pretty disappointed when the developing version was stopped by Microsoft, (China Forum using Tihiy's Win7ExplorerforWin8).

You just brought my dream back to life :D

THANKS A LOT and keep up the good job!

Any chance you could mirror the downloads on somewhere a bit faster ?

RS, DF etc ?

Cheers :)

Edited by Detection

Just signed up because of this thread!

Can't thank you enough for bringing Aero Glass to Windows 8 as this is the only reason I chose not to upgrade..

Found a few issues though while testing in VMware, it seems to be really hit and miss when it chooses to work and after I install programs such as Start8 and or Decor8 it breaks the DWMLoader and does not load the Glass feature once ether of these programs are installed.

I can run the Loader while installing Start8 and glass stays...until a reboot :/

Oh! and one last thing there are two graphical bugs ive noticed.. the Gadgets menu (when installed) doesn't respond but is usable and UAC prompts seem to act funny as you drag them.

Hope you can fix the issues above so i can move to W8 :)

Ive attached a debug log for you..would have attached screenshots but i cant upload more than 500k..debug.txt

Thanks

Any chance you could mirror the downloads on somewhere a bit faster ?

RS, DF etc ?

Cheers :)

http://mir.cr/0V8TM57F

Hey , I notice you are using a modified visual style..right? Please tell me where to download it, thanks!

Hey , I notice you are using a modified visual style..right? Please tell me where to download it, thanks!

If I may ask, whcih visual style is that? I like the flatter look but with decent min/max/close buttons :).

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Bordered-Captions-for-Windows-8-351741144

:)

any way to hide dwm.exe from taskbar ? thanks

no, this is preview version which is not intended for regular usage