• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

2,631 posts in this topic

The shadow is relative with visual-style file(*.msstyles).Use Aero 8 by xxiNightxx theme.

And if I choose "rounded corners" theme, there are some artifacts on the corners.

You forgot to do this. With this W8 won't fill up the corners with color.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:RoundRectRadius (DWORD, Win8 = 0, Win7 = 12)

With my custom theme I have found this reg setting that will enable rounded corners

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

and UserPreferencesMask and TranscodedImageCache...DP

We are currently testing the installer. So stay tuned.

thanks for that

Thanks dude. Thats all I wanted to hear :)

Thank you for the update

The release is imminent, have a little patience. We have currently testing out the installer and the feedback is positive.

The release is imminent, have a little patience. We have currently testing out the installer and the feedback is positive.

Yep, all working great here. BigMuscle does quality work!

-Noel

No problems here either with the installer (I tested in a few different setups). :)

Guys please help me :'(

I download the 2 last RC and when I click the LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg, the effect doesn't show :(

Both RC 3 & 4.

Please please help me :3

Long time ago it worked perfectly for me :3

I download the 2 last RC and when I click the LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg, the effect doesn't show :(

Both RC 3 & 4.

Make sure you installed it properly, try this guide, the path to the DWMGlass.dll should be correctly set in AppInit_Dlls value and restart. You can also try this video for better understanding.

Edited by Rayn19

Installer working good, path is different but just adjusted my reg files for that..

also the following silent switch works as well .. DP :yes:

/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /RESTART /SP-
Edited by DosProbie

@BigMuscule: Can you produce your AeroGlass in form like a Windows 7-8 Toolkit Addon how can be able/possible to be integrated directly to Install.wim of Windows 8 as pre-installed software, and trial period maybe will be same as Windows = 30 days or however ?

Here you can check list for addons released till now.

Once BM goes live with his AeroGlass installer you can create a sfx file and slipstream to your image using Win toolkit..

@BigMuscule: Can you produce your AeroGlass in form like a Windows 7-8 Toolkit Addon how can be able/possible to be integrated directly to Install.wim of Windows 8 as pre-installed software, and trial period maybe will be same as Windows = 30 days or however ?

No need for a trial period, BigMuscle said that this software will be free. He is just giving donators an advance on the final version, but that doesn't mean it's not freeware.

No need for a trial period, BigMuscle said that this software will be free. He is just giving donators an advance on the final version, but that doesn't mean it's not freeware.

When did he say that?

Both RC 3 & 4.

Make sure you installed it properly, try this guide, the path to the DWMGlass.dll should be correctly set in AppInit_Dlls value and restart. You can also try this video for better understanding.

Thanks man, I had to do some things and now it works perfectly ! Thx thx thx :D

The aero8 theme doesn't work anymore ever since my computer installed some updates. Any fix?

The aero8 theme doesn't work anymore ever since my computer installed some updates. Any fix?

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

It just doesn't work... Windows uses the default theme.

Do you have UxStyle? If so try to reinstall it. If you are using DWMGlass instead make sure

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:BypassThemeSignature (DWORD 0x0 to disable (default) / 0x1 to enable)

You have this set to 1

It seems you were using UltraUxThemePatcher or similar program to have custom themes on your Windows 8. Instead use UxStyle or the BypassThemeSignature Feature in BM's "Aero Glass for Windows 8".

It seems you were using UltraUxThemePatcher or similar program to have custom themes on your Windows 8. Instead use UxStyle or the BypassThemeSignature Feature in BM's "Aero Glass for Windows 8".

UxStyle is only for x64. How do I enable the BypassThemeSignature thing

Edited by odysseyofnoises

this worked for me - not tried it on 32bit

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163498-bigmuscles-aero-glass-aio-installer-by-mr-grim/

Open regedit.exe, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM make a new key (DWORD) there named BypassThemeSignature and set it value to 1 (to disable it set it to 0).

WDRGBr6.jpg