Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

CKyHC    13

I would like to used that screen shot to present one of the Aero Glass features as "hey, look how you can completely change border skin without touching Windows theme". drakenabarion's screenshots look nice but they are too Win8-similar to present "theme resource change" feature and I guess CKyHC's screenshot is completely changed Windows theme.

Anyway, the website is being built here http://glass8.berlios.de/ :)

Yes, it's another theme, but i think without your Aero glass it nothing. It's theme maked by ~xXiNightXx (http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Aero-8-350491112) special for use with Aero glass effect and it not contain rounded borders or caption buttons, meaning that it Windows 8, not 7 )))

Edited by CKyHC

PandaX    0

Does maximized window color no longer work? I know they removed that functionality from the taskbar in 7 but it doesn't seem to work on the windows anymore either. I don't know if that's a change in DWM or something missing from DWMLoader.

bigmuscle    530

Yeah, these two looks clean. Could you just modify the second one so the blur is more noticeable? E.g. by adding some background inactive window with text etc? And is it simple custom resource change? I don't want to present "Use unsigned themes" feature now because it is still buggy and I will not fix it in final release, thus screenshot must show only what we are able to achieve by changing "CustomThemeResource" registry value.

ace2    27

DimasKid

It will not be long now, new website is being setup ready for full version, but you may have to pay for full version.

MY opinion:

Bigmuscle deserve every penny for all his hard work (If he is going to charge / sell dwmglass.dll).

CKyHC    13

BM, i think it's need to add the "favicon.ico" file to root in the site to add icon of program that visible on browsers.

DosProbie    97

2 more visual styles shots - 1 mod with Win7 blue magnify search and rtm navs and the other with win8 stock aero.mstyles..DPyes.gif

AG_1.png

AG_3.png

Tusticles    21

Hmm, windowblinds8 is out, here is a random theme applied to win8

39y0.png

There is transparency behind the navigation bar :D, but without blur it looks like sh*t!

Edited by Tusticles