Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!

Untitled_2_jpg_750x750_q85.jpg

I hope you will make the next version to work with lower GPU clocks. Btw, why Startisback is supported and Start8 not?

Likely because StartIsBack uses DWM composited start menu and Start8 uses standard (layered) window. You can complain to Startdock, although they're likely to support blur with their WindowBlinds, not this tool.

Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

Edited by Cavok

Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

please, provide debug log in such case so we can know where it stopped working

Ah yes, forgot about it. After you release new version, I replace old files in C:\DWM with new ones. I also deleted the old debug log. Now, after I run version 3 of your hook, debug log is no longer created. It seems like a step backwards on my OS. I'll run it from desktop and see what happens.

Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!

Untitled_2_jpg_750x750_q85.jpg

If I may ask, whcih visual style is that? I like the flatter look but with decent min/max/close buttons :).