Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Hey bigmuscle,

I know how much Work goes into a project like this so I personally want to say "THANK YOU"

for all your hard work thus far on this Aero Preview...The more I use it the more impressed

I am. There seems to be more Rants that Raves on here so everyone again this is only a Preview

and not the Final Product! DosProbie ö¿ö

Another bug I've found:

I start my computer with Firefox, iTunes and Thunderbird from startup. As soon the DWMHook starts, all other windows get minimized. Is there any possibility to not minimize them?

Greetings from Germany

If it is the same bug as I think (i.e. windows are not really minimized, they are just not drawn, so you see the content beneath them) then there seems to be no solution yet. I guess this is the problem of DWM itself. And since it happens on DWMHook startup only I'm not going to fix it now.

Hi again,

Ok I am no fan of Office 2013, so I still use 2010. I tried 2010 alongside this mod today for the first time. and I must say, I love the result. It looks different to the Windows 7 appearance, right? (Its been a few months since I used on W7, I dont remember it looking this nice in Windows 7).

post-374132-0-33252300-1360853886_thumb.

Hi again,

Ok I am no fan of Office 2013, so I still use 2010. I tried 2010 alongside this mod today for the first time. and I must say, I love the result. It looks different to the Windows 7 appearance, right? (Its been a few months since I used on W7, I dont remember it looking this nice in Windows 7).

Good Look draken! like the Charcoal border, what Opacity and Blur do you have it set on?

Another bug report. If I start a fullscreen app (especially games) without disabling DWMHook after a try to alt-tab or close the game I get a blank screen. Sometimes I managed to get out of this by randomly pressing Alt-Tab and Enter. But most times I need to reboot system. System itself is working - I can hear system sounds, I can blindly open cmd and run shutdown command to reboot.

Hi again,

Good Look draken! like the Charcoal border, what Opacity and Blur do you have it set on?

I set the Windows colour to almost complete black (I use AeroLite and have Active window text set to white in the .theme file). Then I have Blur at 20 and Opacity at 106.

I also notice a nice feature which I haven't seen mentioned. I use two monitors, and when I have the ctrl+alt+del menu open, or while shutting down, the secondary monitor has a very pretty fullscreen blur! It really looks great! I cant screenshot it because none of my screen tools work on those screens.

Here's a quick and easy way to access and toggle the Aero Glass from the Desktop Context menu. (just delete the .txt extensions on files and follow install instructions) Enjoy!

Good idea, I applied your regfile on my computer, thanks ! :yes:

Another bug I've found: I start my computer with Firefox, iTunes and Thunderbird from startup. As soon the DWMHook starts, all other windows get minimized. Is there any possibility to not minimize them?

This feature is not bigmucle's fault but mine, AGTweaker's start with Windows feature automatically minimize the opened windows in order to minimize the console window on startup.

If you want to remove it, you may open AGTweaker's source code with Visual C# 2010 Express :

In program.cs, case "-startup" simply change Toolbox.RestartDWM(true, true); to Toolbox.RestartDWM(true, false); and recompile AGTweaker by pressing F6.

You'll find the modified AGTweaker.exe in the bin/Release folder.

Once a version without console of DWMLoader is out, I'll remove this feature, of course.

I had some bugs today and yesterday. A few times after restarting the computer, launching DWMLoader.exe would just end up with a black screen. Also, once when I was Alt+Tabbing out of Dragon Age Origins, I had the same blank screen. (These is before I started using Aero Glass Properties).

Hope this helps! :)

debug.log.pt1.txt