Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Does anybody know how I can get rounded corners on windows? It will really look like aero then. If anyone does know can they send me a link or name of the theme? Thanks in advance and very good job on the blur effect! Looking forward to more!

Does anybody know how I can get rounded corners on windows? It will really look like aero then. If anyone does know can they send me a link or name of the theme? Thanks in advance and very good job on the blur effect! Looking forward to more!

Oh, that would be tough. I guess he could implement the program to not blend the corners, but then he would have to create a bunch of new visual style files (.msstyles files) for rounded windows.

Oh, that would be tough. I guess he could implement the program to not blend the corners, but then he would have to create a bunch of new visual style files (.msstyles files) for rounded windows.

Making the msstyles is no problem, the current BETA for Windows Style Builder can import Windows 7 themes almost flawlessly, only problem at the moment is most have rounded corners so they need to be squared off to use with Windows 8 at the moment, although using the GUI tools if you set the opacity and blur pretty low the square corners on the blur are not so noticeable, also if the msstyles has frames with decent opacity then you can disable the blur and set the color opacity to 0 and then they look great.

Please, could you discuss GUI things in a separate thread? I want to have this thread for discussing DWM hook stuff only.

1. please, when a 32 bit beta or whatever version could be for test it?

2. just as an idea which may complete wrong, do you think that you could make an application such as this you already made but to 'load' the library values from a dwm of windows 8 release preview [named that system file different] to win 8 rtm?

(i mean if that could help to bypass any of the problems in searching correct values of code,)

==================

thanks in advance.

============

Edited by idas

Please, could you discuss GUI things in a separate thread? I want to have this thread for discussing DWM hook stuff only.

Done. I posted a separate thread here : Sorry for the inconvenience, now I won't give any support for the GUI on this thread.

I must admit that I am not sure what you think by "the library values from a dwm of windows 8 release preview".

I think that he suggested to re-use some Aero Glass code from the release preview and load/hook/use it in the final version instead of rewriting it from scratch.

Edited by ORelio

I think that he suggested to re-use some Aero Glass code from the release preview and load/hook/use it in the final version instead of rewriting it from scratch.

Is it possible?

Probably not without running afoul of various EULAs, and/or requiring the user to provide the RP version code, and/or ... Just seems like it would be too complicated to me.

Cheers and Regards