Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I cant download need mirror link

Apparently you cannot read the forum rules either:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/18408-forum-rules-updated-must-read/

Especially this one:

11. Do not use CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members. Using unnecessary font formatting (i.e., bold font, increased font sizes, colored fonts, etc.) on the full body of posts is also discouraged.

I cant download need mirror link

Apparently you cannot read the forum rules either:

http://www.msfn.org/...ated-must-read/

Especially this one:

11. Do not use CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members. Using unnecessary font formatting (i.e., bold font, increased font sizes, colored fonts, etc.) on the full body of posts is also discouraged.

sorry

for me it works under VMware and it seams to be a bit faster, but there is still a delay before the Window gets the blur effect.

yeah, this is done by the time which sets windows as layered. It runs with interval 500 ms thus new windows won't have transparency effect until the update routine is executed. This could be easily fixed by installing global windows hook which sets the window as layered during its creation. Problem is that this would require to have another service running (just because dwm.exe process does not run under logged user credentials).

For anyone, who has problem with 0.4, could you try set BypassLayeredWindowsRendering to zero whether it helps?

done that and slill it does not work - cmd window opens but gets no furher than

close this window to exit aero glass effect

i do not see the line

aero glass successfully loaded!

i note the flash screen refers to version 3 and the DWMLoader.exe file is the same size as in version 3 - that may all be correct - just mentioning it - no more

I get black screen and i am not allowed to attach any files yet but this is what my debug say:

[0x178C] Installing DWM hook...

[0x178C] DWM: 0xF0, error = 0

[0x178C] Module: C:\DWM\DWMHook.dll

[0x178C] RemoteDLLName: 0xDBC00000

[0x178C] WriteProcessMemory: 1, error 0

[0x178C] LoadLibrary: 0x652328AC

[0x178C] CreateRemoteThread: 0xF4 error 0

Edited by S3RiOUS