Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

in the new version, new Windows now have automatically Glass without a delay. Cool !!! :wub:

Delay stil exists but was decreased...

Someone, please, post here standart content of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM", i can't disable colorization in 3D, maybe some values are wrong.

During minimizing windows aero effect disappears, but in recovering aero exists - is this bug?

Edited by CKyHC

Values in registry depends on settings selected in control panel and are automatically generated if you select auto-colorization.

Auto-colorization disabled, but windows still colorized in Direct3D, in Direct2D and without aero all setting work proper.

All of the versions have been very unreliable, in the sense that when I would start them, there is a >70% chance of the dwm freezing, and when this happens, the only thing I can do is power off the computer (the exit shortcut doesn't work here). So this is still almost useless for me. Do you know why it does this? Sometimes it shows only black when it does this, sometimes it shows a few of the windows in basic style.

Preview versions are NOT intended to be reliable in any sense. There is a race condition in the loading procedure which will never be fixed in any preview version (simply because it has no sense to fix something what is going to be removed in final version)

Since it is a known issue that will be removed in the final version, and it reduces the utility's ability to be used, then why keep it in the preview versions? There are still a lot of other problems in this preview that needs to be fixed, and if there is a problem that severely impacts its reliability, then it will distract attention from the unknown problems that need to be addressed.

Otherwise, great job on this release, I really like how you added blur to the taskbar.

Edited by AlexKven

^Someone seems a bit pushy^

Excellent work, bigmuscle. With the latest (0.5) release everything works great and Direct3D mode with colour intensity reduced gives me Aero Perfection. Using Direct3D rendering, everything on my desktop is faster (moving, closing, minimising and maximising windows). Thanks, again for your time and effort working on this project.

It Freezes When I go to Metro (Start Menu)

Please provide a bit more details about your system. You are the only having this issue, so we have no idea how to help you unless you give us a little info. This would be good to have info on because if this bug gets noticed until final release, then some people might be installing version 1 and be unpleasantly surprised that the start screen crashes it.

It Freezes When I go to Metro (Start Menu)

Please provide a bit more details about your system. You are the only having this issue, so we have no idea how to help you unless you give us a little info. This would be good to have info on because if this bug gets noticed until final release, then some people might be installing version 1 and be unpleasantly surprised that the start screen crashes it.

ATI Radeon 5470 Series GPU Only way to unfreeze is to reset

after use v0.5 Cracked Steam it became impossible to play, image is blurry

This came happen for one certain reason:

if(currentPixelShader == glass->getTextureAlphaPixelShader())
{
D3D10_TEXTURE2D_DESC textureDesc = { 0 };
texture->GetDesc(&textureDesc);

// FIXME: taskbar is currently recognized by its size. This can probably break some things when other alpha-blended control with taskbar size is drawn
RECT taskBarRect = { 0 };
GetWindowRect(FindWindow(L"Shell_TrayWnd", NULL), &taskBarRect);

if(textureDesc.Width == (taskBarRect.right - taskBarRect.left) && textureDesc.Height == (taskBarRect.bottom - taskBarRect.top))
glass->drawGlass(VertexCount, StartVertexLocation, false);
}

Only taskbar, menu shadows and window icon (and windows which uses SetWindowCompositionAttribute) are drawn with pixel shader which respects alpha channel of the texture. So when the texture size is equal to taskbar size then it must be taskbar. Thus your application behaves in non-standard way... or do you have different taskbar size then the default one?

Edited by bigmuscle

For me 0.3 version most acceptible, it creating windows with aero. animate it, fast, on 2D or 3D speed the same, in 3D buggy color, in 2d perfect, only bug - sometime on loading it freezes comp until reboot,,, But last version has same bug... ALT+F12 not helps... Taskbar just transporent, not blur in 0.3 - ((((

Edited by CKyHC