Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

thanks. I tried the x86 version, but this version doesn't work:

post-70718-0-18836200-1364875455_thumb.p

Crash.log:

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74ACAD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc
d2d1: 0x74614462: ?

It seems to be same thing as in Win8 RP. It looks that internal function for getting colorization parameters has different argument than x64 version. Clicking Ignore should work...

Have the same problem. Clicking Ignore doesn't help - start -> error -> ignore -> transparent works fine -> error -> any button -> DWM restart

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x7443AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc
d2d1: 0x74000000: ?

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x7448F0ED: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (248:0), function: failwithmessage
DWMGlass: 0x7448ECF9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (272:11), function: _RTC_Failure
DWMGlass: 0x744651A9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\stack.cpp (52:11), function: _RTC_CheckEsp
DWMGlass: 0x74457B19: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\settingsmanager.cpp (120:54), function: SettingsManager::loadColorizationSettings

Without clicking on error message buttons everything works fine.

Edited by deltebews

Hi there, i tried the beta 1 (on windows 8 x64) but on my pc didn't work, it neither start with windows, i have the default windows theme, and obviously i configured the reg. file correctly but it won't start...strange, because the v 0.6 were working properly... Any ideas?

Thank you, Works great, but I can't help wonder how long it's going to take Microsoft to put Glass back into Win 8. Now that you have it working so well I'm sure once it reaches final build nearly every Win 8 user will have it installed. The way Microsoft is they'll have to be jerks and replace it themselves just to be jerks.

Windows 8 x86:

Starts with the error, but aero may work after several presses of ignore button. However error still appears and it makes your tweak unusable.

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74FCAD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74FCAD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...

debuglog - http://pastebin.com/Hrq8ee9y

Thanks for your work! Hope this error will be fixed soon.

Thank you, Works great, but I can't help wonder how long it's going to take Microsoft to put Glass back into Win 8. Now that you have it working so well I'm sure once it reaches final build nearly every Win 8 user will have it installed. The way Microsoft is they'll have to be jerks and replace it themselves just to be jerks.

At the moment they have no intention of ever reintroducing it. But it would be nice if they made it part of an optional enhancement pack. I doubt that'll ever happen.

Ah thanks. I have yet to play around with this. I may have been premature saying it didn't work because now I read that sometimes all one has to do is change the theme to get things rolling. I'll play some more with this.

Meanwhile I see that your AGTweaker is still playing catch up. Hopefully this will all end soon!!

How strange. Did everything as described, altered the reg file to match my drive letter N and merged. Rebooted, tried changing themes. No DWM entry in HKLM and no Aero Glass.

But the HKCU entry is there.

I wonder if Stardock's Start8 is interfering? However I haven't disabled translucency at all.

Edited by Ex_Brit

Strange it wasn't working then I installed the latest AGTweaker and eureka!

It now works. Thanks ;-)

What does one do to undo things once the final version is released?

Edited by Ex_Brit

HKLM...DWM key is not in Win8 by default because you are not supposed to touch it. It is intended for global technicals parameters only. All possible keys are available in HKCU but still.. it is better to adjust colorization settings in Control panel itself :yes: