Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

A few more bugs when I tested beta on VMware with dual screens.. the glass effect seems to be completely off as i drag the window but its fine of the first monitor.. not sure if this is VMware or not but it worked fine back when i tested 0.3.. the desktop gadgets menu also still doesnt work D:

post-373989-0-89586200-1364996805_thumb.

I have the error in the win8 32bit version

crash.log:

Writing crash log...

DWMGlass: 0x74D3AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...

DWMGlass: 0x74D8F0ED: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (248:0), function: failwithmessage

DWMGlass: 0x74D8ECF9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (272:11), function: _RTC_Failure

DWMGlass: 0x74D651A9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\stack.cpp (52:11), function: _RTC_CheckEsp

DWMGlass: 0x74D57B19: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\settingsmanager.cpp (120:54), function: SettingsManager::loadColorizationSettings

post-373406-0-09125400-1364999492_thumb.

Worked perfectly on my x64 VM, didn't have to change any settings from the last version, just edited the reg file and logged out and then logged in and working 100%, no noticeable lag, no random crashing when opening start menu (with SIB) as I was getting in all previous versions, only thing I have noticed so far is if you restart explorer (using a right click context shortcut) the whole screen is blurred for a second, I was just wondering though if you plan on making blur and rounded corners optional in your final release, I love that you have found a way to bring back all these features but personally I prefer no blur at all and have it disabled in Windows 7 on explorer windows anyway.

Also one other question, with that registry setting for rounded corners, is there any way to reverse that effect and make corners square in Windows 7?

Here's a preview of mine with a Windows 7 theme I imported, made changes to the fram to make it square but I guess I can have rounded again now as well thanks to you :)

v8jv9g.jpg

Hi MrGRiM

Do you have a link for your/this theme?

On my secondary monitor the window blur works fine in v0.7, however the secondary windows taskbar has no blur, and changing color intensity has no effect (except at the lowest possible value).

Worked perfectly on my x64 VM, didn't have to change any settings from the last version, just edited the reg file and logged out and then logged in and working 100%, no noticeable lag, no random crashing when opening start menu (with SIB) as I was getting in all previous versions, only thing I have noticed so far is if you restart explorer (using a right click context shortcut) the whole screen is blurred for a second, I was just wondering though if you plan on making blur and rounded corners optional in your final release, I love that you have found a way to bring back all these features but personally I prefer no blur at all and have it disabled in Windows 7 on explorer windows anyway.

Also one other question, with that registry setting for rounded corners, is there any way to reverse that effect and make corners square in Windows 7?

Here's a preview of mine with a Windows 7 theme I imported, made changes to the fram to make it square but I guess I can have rounded again now as well thanks to you :)

v8jv9g.jpg

Hi MrGRiM

Do you have a link for your/this theme?

No I have not posted it yet, it was more just a proof of concept theme to see if I could add the caption button glow to the glyph images and it sort of works OK, anyway I uploaded what I have so far to Mediafire for you http://www.mediafire.com/?xr07a98l5unssbn

So has anyone figured out what you need to edit in WSB to make the corners actually round? Making caption buttons round was easy, but the corners are hidden somewhere

IwcYsjZ.png?1

I can't find how to add caption glow either. It's not present in W8.

Hey there! I need some help if you do have time! I would like to know how u got the rounded corners? is it a data value or is it a theme "thing", ("thing" reffering as to editing the theme file.) :whistle::thumbup

I'm loving this so much thank you!

Looks like it doesn't apply at all to multiple monitors:

2013-04-03_2145.png

2013-04-03_2145_001.png

Is there a list of registry keys we can mess with?

Edited by hello2u

So has anyone figured out what you need to edit in WSB to make the corners actually round? Making caption buttons round was easy, but the corners are hidden somewhere

IwcYsjZ.png?1

I can't find how to add caption glow either. It's not present in W8.

Hey there! I need some help if you do have time! I would like to know how u got the rounded corners? is it a data value or is it a theme "thing", ("thing" reffering as to editing the theme file.) :whistle::thumbup

It's matter of theme. The caption buttons are images. I exported them from 7's default theme and imported them into xXiNightXx's Win7forWin8 theme using latest beta of Windows Style Builder. I was actually surprised it was that easy. I have no idea how to make corners round though. There is still some squarish thingy that messes with it :}

Edited by Blackbird256

The border edge (the black line in the image) is stored in theme sprite too together with the content of the border. There are several parts - 4 corners, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical segments. And all doubled - active and inactive border.

pop up nag screen

how does it work - i was on and off pc all day yesterday - saw it once - so far this morning in just over an hour have seen it twice - to show it on boot up is ok or just about ok - but to keep showing it is ott i think - i will be going back a couple of versions and that surely is not the object as nothing is then learnt