Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

The border edge (the black line in the image) is stored in theme sprite too together with the content of the border. There are several parts - 4 corners, 2 horizontal and 2 vertical segments. And all doubled - active and inactive border.

Thanks I think I found it

2vAVz42.png

It uses some trick to add these w7-like glass lines. I'm willing to bet removing the sharp corners will do the trick

Yeah that was it rounded corners are working now, but without the glass effect for now

qizQvd8l.png

I want rounded corners, tried to do it myself but the border files I found in .msstyle were already rounded and didn't worked, any help? What files should I change?

Edited by Tusticles

Windows & Caption Buttons>Aero>DWM Window>Frames>Window

Bottom and Top. Same thing for Tool Window. At least thats how I think you can do it.

rounded.png Not working, got them from win7 theme and imported in aerorp...

There is also Shadowless Window in Frames that has square corners in W8's theme. Otherwise I am not sure why it doesn't work.

Could you share your theme, you posted a screenshot earlier.

--edit--

Nvm, I found the theme, I have rounded borders now :D

http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Vs-REV-D-350491112

--edit--

lol, I had rounded corners while my friend was in my pc with teamviewer, after he left the rounded corners stopped working... strange.

Edited by Tusticles

To bigmuscle

Thank you very much for your work !

Please find a way to make your great utility work on Windows 8 32-bit !!!

I wonder why you can't do it for so long... There are thousands of people who use W8 32-bit !

Please help us too !

finally found a theme that works for me and able to use D3D - sure its been asked or commented on but how do i adjust blur - if i use the tweaker it has no effect - is it still an adjustable setting - maybe its still my theme

I find that GUI quite helpful for the basic settings, not to have to tamper with the registry for standard tweaks and turning on and off easily. So far it is being kept up to date with the latest version of dwm.dll...

Windows & Caption Buttons>Aero>DWM Window>Frames>Window

Bottom and Top. Same thing for Tool Window. At least thats how I think you can do it.

I can't. FOR THE LIFE OF ME!! Find out how to get the rounded corners... Could you send your border to me if it is possible? please?

Ok, edited the default aero theme and changed the borders, shadows and the caption buttons with the ones from Release Preview, it looks much better but something is missing, the glow behind the text in window title. I also added the glow texture in the msstyle but from what I know you must hex-edit NORMAL.RES in VARIANT to enable glow. The problem is that I have no f**king idea which is the address for that! Some users with experience in theme editing can help me? Thank you.

titleglow.png

Edited by Tusticles