• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

2,631 posts in this topic

I haven't got blur effect only on taskbar. I don't know why. Anyone have this issue?

I haven't got blur effect only on taskbar. I don't know why. Anyone have this issue?

I am getting a blur everywhere except for classicshell but I bet the dwm call is deactivated when running on Windows 8 but I have the blur everywhere else.

What should I do to have blur on taksbar?May be I missing something

I just followed the instructions and it worked.

Been a while, but testing this version works perfectly! Nice job as always. :)

Restart Windows Explorer process. :)

AERO GLASS for Win8 RC1

* fixed hook return values on x64

* fixed compatibility with old 64-bit udwm.dll

* fixed exception handler when settings loading crashes

* fixed crash when removing D3D device

* do not generate occlusion for border-less windows

* fixed bug when source box does not fit into screen height in CopySubresourceRegion

* produce minidump on crash instead of crashlog

https://developer.be...?group_id=13124

Working beautifully here. Even the Magnifier application now works almost right (it just doesn't scale up the level of blur). Just to be clear, it works this way in Windows 7 as well.

BlurInMagnifier.png

Regarding the look with ClassicShell, perhaps we can get Ivo Beltchev to offer a special Aero Glass option for Windows 8 in ClassicShell. I'll go ask...

Edit: Asked - http://www.classicsh...57&p=3257#p3257

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

AERO GLASS for Win8 RC1

* fixed hook return values on x64

* fixed compatibility with old 64-bit udwm.dll

* fixed exception handler when settings loading crashes

* fixed crash when removing D3D device

* do not generate occlusion for border-less windows

* fixed bug when source box does not fit into screen height in CopySubresourceRegion

* produce minidump on crash instead of crashlog

https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13124

Oke sir, i'll test the RC1 for 32-bit, and make the installer version for this one :)

the version seems to work fine. The TGit flickering issue is still present.

Here is the installer version for Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC1 By Big Muscle

http://cl.ly/P2Pd

- Fix Uninstalling Method

- Now Installed in "System Drive\DWM" folder, due to debug.log & crash.log file write permission

Note :

If you are using the Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC0 installer, make sure you uninstall it from add & remove program and the reboot.

don't forget to delete the DWMGlass.dll in your system directory.

And still use it with your own risk :yes:

The 64 bit is correct, all is fine.

the version seems to work fine. The TGit flickering issue is still present.

What is your resolution? The flickering seems to appear under certain resolutions only and I should fix it in the next version.

RC1 installed. Performance is good!

Disabled the callBlurShapes, and restarted DWM process. So far no issues. Seems very stable, blur is nice, no artefacts, no performance hits.

Just got around to using .91 lol.

Looks great, no artifacts anymore, swatches got fixed.

Still have bugs in the preview images for my new themes though (Custom was made around .8, Random theme I saved from Custom in .91, rest are old) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20887877/Jing/2013-05-18_1213.png

Themes themselves are working fine. I would very much like a way to control the transparency of the automatic color though, when/if you can get around to it.

I'll try .92 now. :D

Edit: May have just been a corrupt theme from something unrelated, looks like the color, mouse pointers, and sounds weren't being saved on those themes, and the issue was gone soon as I deleted those themes and remade them from a working theme.

Edited by hello2u

What is your resolution? The flickering seems to appear under certain resolutions only and I should fix it in the next version.

I use FullHD (1920+1080) on my Dell laptop

Just stopping by to say that the latest RC is absolutely flawless. No artifacts, no weird issues. I've had zero problems using it constantly on my main PC (even though that isn't the "intended usage"). I'd say it's ready for a full release.

It is **** impressive work. You have accomplished what Stardock is having issue with and microsoft I bet at times said was impossible.

I don't think Microsoft ever said anything about it not being possible, or for that matter ever commenting on it at all beyond the "it's no longer a feature" on the building windows 8 blog - and do you have a source link somewhere stating that stardock is even working on such a feature?

Not to downplay bigmuscle's work, he has done an impressive job. Just pointing out that I think you are pulling claims out of thin air.

It is **** impressive work. You have accomplished what Stardock is having issue with and microsoft I bet at times said was impossible.

I don't think Microsoft ever said anything about it not being possible, or for that matter ever commenting on it at all beyond the "it's no longer a feature" on the building windows 8 blog - and do you have a source link somewhere stating that stardock is even working on such a feature?

Not to downplay bigmuscle's work, he has done an impressive job. Just pointing out that I think you are pulling claims out of thin air.

I think it don't need at all. Microsoft knows what happends there, and just waiting.

I think it don't need at all. Microsoft knows what happends there, and just waiting.

Waiting for what?

Waiting for what?

))) I don't know, but this is open forum and topic. It is stupid thinking that they don't looking here.

Waiting for what?

))) I don't know, but this is open forum and topic. It is stupid thinking that they don't looking here.

Absolutely, I'm sure they know of this. Doesn't mean they are going to do anything about it.

Edited by inighthawki

If you actually have something to say, please use enough words so that others don't have to try to guess at what you mean, and while you're at it please delete the excessive quoting.

Personally I have a suspicion that Microsoft is going to have done some things to Windows 8.1 that may break BigMuscle's approach, at least for a while, but we can hope it will be something that can be worked around. Their leadership doesn't seem to be wavering on its course toward the rocks. I don't know how it is that some people get to define such obviously wrong directions and have big companies stick with them for years, seeming without anyone noticing that they're about to trash the whole company.

-Noel

Restart Windows Explorer process. :)

Finally. It worked..