Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

Netham45

Netham45
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
There is a windows rt jailbreak and I do understand the complexities of porting the hooking system.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

yavordh

yavordh
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 02-February 13
Is there any method to edit the level of transparency / color opacity on the taskbar?

Edited by yavordh, 07 February 2013 - 08:33 AM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Donator

if you use StartIsBack's transparency method then AeroGlass blur is rendered into taskbar too. Then the AeroGlass settings are also applied to the taskbar area.
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

skyli

skyli
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
For me, the taskbar is darker and not that transparent.
It is more transparent if you blur the background with photosop behind and enable taskbar transparency.

See: Attached File  Képkivágás.PNG   49.83KB   48 downloads

0upa3

0upa3
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!
Posted Image

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13
I hope you will make the next version to work with lower GPU clocks. Btw, why Startisback is supported and Start8 not?

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

I hope you will make the next version to work with lower GPU clocks. Btw, why Startisback is supported and Start8 not?

Likely because StartIsBack uses DWM composited start menu and Start8 uses standard (layered) window. You can complain to Startdock, although they're likely to support blur with their WindowBlinds, not this tool.

Cavok

Cavok
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

Edited by Cavok, 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM.

AlphaBetaRC

AlphaBetaRC
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-August 12
Hello, I tested it and it's just great! ;)

Edited by AlphaBetaRC, 07 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

user me = MSFN.GetUser("AlphaBetaRC");
me.Signature.Write(this);

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Donator

Stopped working on my OS after changing blur and opacity values in AGTweaker. I now get a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible (also tried resetting to defaults).

please, provide debug log in such case so we can know where it stopped working

Cavok

Cavok
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
Ah yes, forgot about it. After you release new version, I replace old files in C:\DWM with new ones. I also deleted the old debug log. Now, after I run version 3 of your hook, debug log is no longer created. It seems like a step backwards on my OS. I'll run it from desktop and see what happens.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Donator

debug log is created in the folder where DLL is located unless you disabled it in the registry

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 02-February 13

Bigmuscle. I love you for this application. Win8 finally looks like it should. In preview 0.2 I had problems with CPU usage by Explorer. Version 0.3 works flawlessly. No increased CPU/GPU usage. Gadgets window looks good (but it has 2 problems - gadget selection and expandable description don't work). It even fixed the ObjectDock option to enable blur behind. You are my master!
Posted Image

If I may ask, whcih visual style is that? I like the flatter look but with decent min/max/close buttons :).

0upa3

0upa3
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

If I may ask, whcih visual style is that? I like the flatter look but with decent min/max/close buttons :).

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Bordered-Captions-for-Windows-8-351741144

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 02-February 13

Awesome thanks! :)

jevono

jevono
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13

Posted Image

lol your desktop doesn't look like windows 8 anymore it looks like windows 7

superjose

superjose

• 12 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

I have always cried for the Glass feature on Windows 8. Was pretty disappointed when the developing version was stopped by Microsoft, (China Forum using Tihiy's Win7ExplorerforWin8).

You just brought my dream back to life :D

THANKS A LOT and keep up the good job!

Detection

Detection
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 23-July 12
Any chance you could mirror the downloads on somewhere a bit faster ?

RS, DF etc ?

Cheers :)

Edited by Detection, 08 February 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Sonic5317

Sonic5317
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13
Just signed up because of this thread!

Can't thank you enough for bringing Aero Glass to Windows 8 as this is the only reason I chose not to upgrade..

Found a few issues though while testing in VMware, it seems to be really hit and miss when it chooses to work and after I install programs such as Start8 and or Decor8 it breaks the DWMLoader and does not load the Glass feature once ether of these programs are installed.

I can run the Loader while installing Start8 and glass stays...until a reboot :/

Oh! and one last thing there are two graphical bugs ive noticed.. the Gadgets menu (when installed) doesn't respond but is usable and UAC prompts seem to act funny as you drag them.

Hope you can fix the issues above so i can move to W8 :)

Ive attached a debug log for you..would have attached screenshots but i cant upload more than 500k..Attached File  debug.txt   152.9KB   13 downloads

Thanks

kinomy

kinomy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-July 11

Any chance you could mirror the downloads on somewhere a bit faster ?

RS, DF etc ?

Cheers :)

http://mir.cr/0V8TM57F

muffinman

muffinman
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

Posted Image

Hey , I notice you are using a modified visual style..right? Please tell me where to download it, thanks!

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 02-February 13

Posted Image

Hey , I notice you are using a modified visual style..right? Please tell me where to download it, thanks!

:)

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,296 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10
@bigmuscle and MSFN have landed a nice mention on a major tech news site:

Get Aero back in Windows 8

Way to go! :thumbup

--JorgeA