Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

0upa3

0upa3
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
Another bug report. If I start a fullscreen app (especially games) without disabling DWMHook after a try to alt-tab or close the game I get a blank screen. Sometimes I managed to get out of this by randomly pressing Alt-Tab and Enter. But most times I need to reboot system. System itself is working - I can hear system sounds, I can blindly open cmd and run shutdown command to reboot.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
do you have debug log?
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

drakenabarion

drakenabarion

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13

Hi again,
Ok I am no fan of Office 2013, so I still use 2010. I tried 2010 alongside this mod today for the first time. and I must say, I love the result. It looks different to the Windows 7 appearance, right? (Its been a few months since I used on W7, I dont remember it looking this nice in Windows 7).

Good Look draken! like the Charcoal border, what Opacity and Blur do you have it set on?

I set the Windows colour to almost complete black (I use AeroLite and have Active window text set to white in the .theme file). Then I have Blur at 20 and Opacity at 106.

I also notice a nice feature which I haven't seen mentioned. I use two monitors, and when I have the ctrl+alt+del menu open, or while shutting down, the secondary monitor has a very pretty fullscreen blur! It really looks great! I cant screenshot it because none of my screen tools work on those screens.

0upa3

0upa3
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

do you have debug log?

Yes. After system restart I also found crash.log, so I attach it too.

Attached Files

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

Here's a quick and easy way to access and toggle the Aero Glass from the Desktop Context menu. (just delete the .txt extensions on files and follow install instructions) Enjoy!

Good idea, I applied your regfile on my computer, thanks ! :yes:

Another bug I've found: I start my computer with Firefox, iTunes and Thunderbird from startup. As soon the DWMHook starts, all other windows get minimized. Is there any possibility to not minimize them?

This feature is not bigmucle's fault but mine, AGTweaker's start with Windows feature automatically minimize the opened windows in order to minimize the console window on startup.

If you want to remove it, you may open AGTweaker's source code with Visual C# 2010 Express :
In program.cs, case "-startup" simply change Toolbox.RestartDWM(true, true); to Toolbox.RestartDWM(true, false); and recompile AGTweaker by pressing F6.
You'll find the modified AGTweaker.exe in the bin/Release folder.

Once a version without console of DWMLoader is out, I'll remove this feature, of course.
Aero Glass Tweaker GUI : msfn.org/board/topic/162036

drakenabarion

drakenabarion

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
I had some bugs today and yesterday. A few times after restarting the computer, launching DWMLoader.exe would just end up with a black screen. Also, once when I was Alt+Tabbing out of Dragon Age Origins, I had the same blank screen. (These is before I started using Aero Glass Properties).

Hope this helps! :)

Attached Files

drakenabarion

drakenabarion

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
And part 2

Attached Files

adhammagdy

adhammagdy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
The program doesn't work and gives this error
I have Win8 x64

Attached Files

• Attached File  hgd.png   12.36KB   14 downloads

Edited by adhammagdy, 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Glad u like it ORelio, Thanks again for doing the GUI and making it so easy for everyone..

Now if I only knew C#, I got some projects that could use it ..

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

Now if I only knew C#, I got some projects that could use it ..

You may use the command-line arguments described here : Command-Line Usage
When using command-line arguments, changes are applied silently and the main window does not appear.

Edited by ORelio, 15 February 2013 - 10:32 AM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
Please, could you discuss GUI things in a separate thread? I want to have this thread for discussing DWM hook stuff only.

Netham45

Netham45
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
Any idea when you're going to post the source, bigmuscle?

HydroHusky

HydroHusky

Ace Detective

• 47 posts
  • Joined 31-January 13
Does anybody know how I can get rounded corners on windows? It will really look like aero then. If anyone does know can they send me a link or name of the theme? Thanks in advance and very good job on the blur effect! Looking forward to more!

AlexKven

AlexKven

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Does anybody know how I can get rounded corners on windows? It will really look like aero then. If anyone does know can they send me a link or name of the theme? Thanks in advance and very good job on the blur effect! Looking forward to more!

Oh, that would be tough. I guess he could implement the program to not blend the corners, but then he would have to create a bunch of new visual style files (.msstyles files) for rounded windows.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Oh, that would be tough. I guess he could implement the program to not blend the corners, but then he would have to create a bunch of new visual style files (.msstyles files) for rounded windows.

Making the msstyles is no problem, the current BETA for Windows Style Builder can import Windows 7 themes almost flawlessly, only problem at the moment is most have rounded corners so they need to be squared off to use with Windows 8 at the moment, although using the GUI tools if you set the opacity and blur pretty low the square corners on the blur are not so noticeable, also if the msstyles has frames with decent opacity then you can disable the blur and set the color opacity to 0 and then they look great.

idas

idas

• 11 posts
  • Joined 16-February 13

Please, could you discuss GUI things in a separate thread? I want to have this thread for discussing DWM hook stuff only.

1. please, when a 32 bit beta or whatever version could be for test it?

2. just as an idea which may complete wrong, do you think that you could make an application such as this you already made but to 'load' the library values from a dwm of windows 8 release preview [named that system file different] to win 8 rtm?
(i mean if that could help to bypass any of the problems in searching correct values of code,)
==================

thanks in advance.

============

Edited by idas, 16 February 2013 - 07:03 AM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
I must admit that I am not sure what you think by "the library values from a dwm of windows 8 release preview".

AlexKven

AlexKven

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13
Why isn't there any sort of freeware visual style maker?

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

Done. I posted a separate thread here : http://www.msfn.org/...-for-win8-v102/ Sorry for the inconvenience, now I won't give any support for the GUI on this thread.

I must admit that I am not sure what you think by "the library values from a dwm of windows 8 release preview".

I think that he suggested to re-use some Aero Glass code from the release preview and load/hook/use it in the final version instead of rewriting it from scratch.

Edited by ORelio, 16 February 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

I think that he suggested to re-use some Aero Glass code from the release preview and load/hook/use it in the final version instead of rewriting it from scratch.

Is it possible?

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
It is not fully possible, but next version will use original pixel shaders which are still present in Windows 8 and even loaded into memory by DWM process itself.

Edited by bigmuscle, 17 February 2013 - 04:04 AM.

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

Is it possible?

Probably not without running afoul of various EULAs, and/or requiring the user to provide the RP version code, and/or ... Just seems like it would be too complicated to me.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

AppleHash

AppleHash
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 17-February 13
Hey, Sorry to inform you, but then the links are down.

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

Hey, Sorry to inform you, but then the links are down.

Hosted a mirror of the file on my website, if it can help: http://microzoom.fr/...nt/DWMHook03.7z

cuties

cuties
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-February 13
when will bigmuscle release the source code ?
inpspire to do something like this
http://i47.tinypic.com/10pmyrm.jpg
into this
http://i46.tinypic.com/35mp6cy.jpg

Edited by cuties, 18 February 2013 - 01:03 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users