Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

One bug is fixed for me in 0.3 with trillian, but Avion pro skin (which also use transparency) still crash and the crash log is the same but with other hex codes. And i have an idea to fix the task bar blur for me :D I'll blur my wallpaper there:DD

Try to disable taskbar transparency with this: http://hb860.deviantart.com/art/Opaque-Taskbar-for-Windows-8-347219169 It should enable Aero for it.

Thanks! I had the program but did not noticed this. Sadly it's just the blur but it's 80% transparent and cannot be set to full glass.

I have to increase the gpu idle clock to fix the lag, but running a high clock profile in idle with 40+ temperature.. it suc*s. Give me a reason to follow this thread, you will fix this? I posted three times and you ignored me.

The new version is very convincing, it does not have high CPU/Memory usage and runs fine. It still lags when you open 4 or more windows. I had only one problem with the new version, the new experimental feature introduced "Force BoundRectangleRedraw" when enabled most of the time I get a black screen with only my mouse pointer on it and when some times it gets past the black screen and runs the program, the aero portion loses its transparency and becomes white. I'll provide you with the screenshot and debug file later.

I have to increase the gpu idle clock to fix the lag, but running a high clock profile in idle with 40+ temperature.. it suc*s. Give me a reason to follow this thread, you will fix this? I posted three times and you ignored me.

sorry but there is no solution for your problem yet

sorry but there is no solution for your problem yet

I feel better now, thank you for your response. I'm not the only one with this problem, Rayn19 have it.

Sorry to say, but trying vers. 0.3 i get only black screen with mouse cursor and only way out is reset. Vers. 01 and 0.2 is functional.

I had that first time I tried but it's cured by running v0.3 it from it's own folder - don't place it in C:\DWM. If that doesn't sort it, delete the transparency and blur entries from the registry if you previously added them.

Any ETA for when the source will be uploaded? I'd like to port this over to Windows RT.

This kind of thing is simply not possible on Windows RT, and it would be pointless to do so. This is because a program would have to be compiled for the ARM processor to work, which Microsoft doesn't allow nor support for desktop apps, so both creating a DWM hacker like this and a DWM.exe replacement would even be able to be made. And you can't hack the DWM from a metro app, because the secure model doesn't allow it.

Short story, if you use Windows RT, you are stuck without transparency (Which shouldn't be much of a problem because you will spend relatively little time in the desktop).