Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

vjott

vjott

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

It depends on used wallpaper, but default wallpaper with roses generates these values:

AfterGlowBalance = 7
BlurBalance = 31
ColorBalance = 62
Color/AfterGlow = 0xaf34bbeb

Thanks a lot! Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
popup at boot is fair enough but does it have to be every 30min or whatever - yes its beta but you want feedback - mine will be i am not using it as i guess others will post

Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit

Older but no wiser

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 15-September 04

Donator

If one wants to remove these tweaks, how does one do that? (Just realised to my dismay that I don't have a restore point available).

Peter
Toronto, Canada

Windows 8.1 Upd 1 Pro w/MC

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
There is nothing to remove except the changes you made manually on your own. The utility does not perform any permanent changes in your system. Ad install registry script - just reverse all values 0x1 -> 0x0, 0x0 -> 0x1, DLL name -> empty.

BTW, here is image resource which I promised earlier. It is nothing more than regular Win8 theme with caption glow effect. Specify the file name in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:CustomThemeResource and restart DWM process. You must be using default Windows 8 theme else your captions will be corrupted.

http://leteckaposta.cz/793494602

Edited by bigmuscle, 02 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit

Older but no wiser

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 15-September 04

Donator

Thanks bigmuscle.

Peter
Toronto, Canada

Windows 8.1 Upd 1 Pro w/MC

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13
Tried to enable rounded corners, it works well except that a rectangle is still drawn around the windows ^^

Posted Image

(I prefer non-rounded windows, but I was just trying, to see if it works)

Edited by ORelio, 02 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI : msfn.org/board/topic/162036

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
As I wrote earlier, it works as expected. You just have a theme which have rectangular edges in its texture.

kyolic

kyolic

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-February 13

As I wrote earlier, it works as expected. You just have a theme which have rectangular edges in its texture.

Do you know of any round edged theme Bigmuscle? Or anyone else?

KittBlog

KittBlog
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13
Thanks for the beta, it's very well!

However, there is a problem for me with Battlefield 3. There already was such a problem, which was fixed in an earlier preview I didn't test. I tested the beta 1 today and there is still/again a lag while moving the mouse. If I enable raw input it's not that much as it is with disabled raw input but still unplayable. ;)

I hope you can find a fix for that!

Greetings from Germany

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

There is nothing to remove except the changes you made manually on your own. The utility does not perform any permanent changes in your system. Ad install registry script - just reverse all values 0x1 -> 0x0, 0x0 -> 0x1, DLL name -> empty.

BTW, here is image resource which I promised earlier. It is nothing more than regular Win8 theme with caption glow effect. Specify the file name in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:CustomThemeResource and restart DWM process. You must be using default Windows 8 theme else your captions will be corrupted.

http://leteckaposta.cz/793494602

CustomThemeResource should be a string value and the data is the file name or the whole path?

AlexKven

AlexKven

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13
Bigmuscle, I have to thank you very much. After actually using a Windows 8 tablet, I actually like the flat UI much better on a tablet, but on the laptop I upgraded last November from Windows 7, this utility really brings back a lot. Once again, thank you.

Now, not to be the WPF police, but WPF windows are still not compatible with this. I am guessing you are still using layered windows? Don't rush or anything, the graphical glitches don't impair functionality, they just look out of place. As far as I know, neither WPF windows no UAC prompts can made to be layered.

Thank you!

HydroHusky

HydroHusky

Ace Detective

• 47 posts
  • Joined 31-January 13

thanks. I tried the x86 version, but this version doesn't work:

Crash.log:

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74ACAD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc
d2d1: 0x74614462: ?

Hey what theme is that? or how did u get glowing text
:blink:

HydroHusky

HydroHusky

Ace Detective

• 47 posts
  • Joined 31-January 13
Could anyone help me with doing the rounded edges? thanks!

EDIT:!!! SORRY FOR POSTING THIS I NO LONGER NEED HELP! THANKS BIG MUSCLE!

Edited by HydroHusky, 02 April 2013 - 08:37 PM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,128 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

Hey what theme is that?

this:

Snowy v2.0
http://carborunda.de...ows-8-358919115

Posted Image
Posted Image

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13
So has anyone figured out what you need to edit in WSB to make the corners actually round? Making caption buttons round was easy, but the corners are hidden somewhere
Posted Image
I can't find how to add caption glow either. It's not present in W8.

Edited by Blackbird256, 03 April 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Avs

Avs
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Hello i just install it on my win 8 32bit and i gt this error...
Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x7505AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x750AF0ED: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (248:0), function: failwithmessage
DWMGlass: 0x750AECF9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (272:11), function: _RTC_Failure
DWMGlass: 0x750851A9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\stack.cpp (52:11), function: _RTC_CheckEsp
DWMGlass: 0x75077B19: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\settingsmanager.cpp (120:54), function: SettingsManager::loadColorizationSettings

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x7505AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Edited by Avs, 03 April 2013 - 03:22 AM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

CustomThemeResource should be a string value and the data is the file name or the whole path?

Yes, type REG_SZ with whole path to PNG file.

Now, not to be the WPF police, but WPF windows are still not compatible with this. I am guessing you are still using layered windows? Don't rush or anything, the graphical glitches don't impair functionality, they just look out of place. As far as I know, neither WPF windows no UAC prompts can made to be layered.

I'm still working hard on finding correct solution for repainting of occlusion regions. Currently, I found a way of setting alpha channel directly for DWM visual objects. It works the same way as layered windows, just the WS_EX_LAYERED bit is not set so WPF and UAC windows transparency works correctly. The problem is that I can't decide which window I want to modify this way - so even desktop background is blended with transparency 0.9999 and it's not performance optimal at all.

Sonic5317

Sonic5317
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13
A few more bugs when I tested beta on VMware with dual screens.. the glass effect seems to be completely off as i drag the window but its fine of the first monitor.. not sure if this is VMware or not but it worked fine back when i tested 0.3.. the desktop gadgets menu also still doesnt work D:

Attached Files

• Attached File  Bugs.jpg   362.24KB   55 downloads

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13
BM...

Thanks for the my.png. Installed and working except that it doesn't seem to be used for folders - just for executables. Is that normal or is it something I'm doing wrong?

test12w

test12w
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
I have the error in the win8 32bit version
crash.log:
Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74D3AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74D8F0ED: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (248:0), function: failwithmessage
DWMGlass: 0x74D8ECF9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (272:11), function: _RTC_Failure
DWMGlass: 0x74D651A9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\stack.cpp (52:11), function: _RTC_CheckEsp
DWMGlass: 0x74D57B19: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\settingsmanager.cpp (120:54), function: SettingsManager::loadColorizationSettings

Attached File  20130403222916.jpg   45.52KB   17 downloads

Luke7

Luke7

• 11 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11

Worked perfectly on my x64 VM, didn't have to change any settings from the last version, just edited the reg file and logged out and then logged in and working 100%, no noticeable lag, no random crashing when opening start menu (with SIB) as I was getting in all previous versions, only thing I have noticed so far is if you restart explorer (using a right click context shortcut) the whole screen is blurred for a second, I was just wondering though if you plan on making blur and rounded corners optional in your final release, I love that you have found a way to bring back all these features but personally I prefer no blur at all and have it disabled in Windows 7 on explorer windows anyway.

Also one other question, with that registry setting for rounded corners, is there any way to reverse that effect and make corners square in Windows 7?

Here's a preview of mine with a Windows 7 theme I imported, made changes to the fram to make it square but I guess I can have rounded again now as well thanks to you :)

Posted Image

Hi MrGRiM
Do you have a link for your/this theme?

Jcee

Jcee

• 10 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13
On my secondary monitor the window blur works fine in v0.7, however the secondary windows taskbar has no blur, and changing color intensity has no effect (except at the lowest possible value).

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Worked perfectly on my x64 VM, didn't have to change any settings from the last version, just edited the reg file and logged out and then logged in and working 100%, no noticeable lag, no random crashing when opening start menu (with SIB) as I was getting in all previous versions, only thing I have noticed so far is if you restart explorer (using a right click context shortcut) the whole screen is blurred for a second, I was just wondering though if you plan on making blur and rounded corners optional in your final release, I love that you have found a way to bring back all these features but personally I prefer no blur at all and have it disabled in Windows 7 on explorer windows anyway.

Also one other question, with that registry setting for rounded corners, is there any way to reverse that effect and make corners square in Windows 7?

Here's a preview of mine with a Windows 7 theme I imported, made changes to the fram to make it square but I guess I can have rounded again now as well thanks to you :)

Posted Image

Hi MrGRiM
Do you have a link for your/this theme?

No I have not posted it yet, it was more just a proof of concept theme to see if I could add the caption button glow to the glyph images and it sort of works OK, anyway I uploaded what I have so far to Mediafire for you http://www.mediafire...xr07a98l5unssbn

Luke7

Luke7

• 11 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11
Thx :)

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,128 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

however the secondary windows taskbar has no blur, and changing color intensity has no effect (except at the lowest possible value).

I noticed this yesterday, too.
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users