Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

test12w

test12w
  • 6 posts
It works now! Thanks! :thumbup
But there are some screen blurred problem

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Ryrynz

Ryrynz
  • 1 posts
Totally name it Aero is back.

Vlad2989

Vlad2989

• 32 posts
Could it be re-uploaded to different file host its a 936KB file it failed to download 4 times and had speed of 4.2 kb/s

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

But there are some problems when I try to launch it on my desktop (AMD HD4850).

do you have default settings or do you use any different theme/coloring than the default? debug file is from working or non-working configuration?
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

xpclient

xpclient

XP was my idea. 3rd party apps make NT6 my idea.

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Btw, what about the glossy caption buttons which glow upon hover? The Windows 8 DWM also ruined those. :(

My bad. Caption buttons obviously are part of the visual style. Sorry for confusing them with glass chrome.

Edited by xpclient, 28 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

Impossible to run NT6 without third party fixes.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
I think this is the business of the concrete theme because hover image is included in the theme sprite. Default Windows 8 theme just don't have it.

vjott

vjott

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Btw, what about the glossy caption buttons which glow upon hover? The Windows 8 DWM also ruined those. :(

Ew, I hate those glossy buttons: there are some visual styles available on DeviantArt that bring back those glossy buttons if you like.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Donator

Those are nothing to do with DWM they are to do with the aero.msstyles theme having them removed, same with shadows, DWM has not reduced the shadows, they are images in the msstyles file and they are simply not as strong as Windows 7 shadows, I could increase the shadows with ease just by editing the aero.msstyles file.

@ bigmuscle I tried this on the VM and got it to work OK but ended up having to do a system restore after I could not log on, I just ended up with a blank screen, that doesn't worry me though as this is why I have Windows 8 on the VM, what I would like to know though, is it possible to have the transparent borders with colour but without the blur, I have never been keen on the blur, I prefer to have a custom theme with the desired opacity, if it is possible, could we have the option of turning Blur off?

Edited by MrGRiM, 28 January 2013 - 08:50 AM.

xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • 8 posts

But there are some problems when I try to launch it on my desktop (AMD HD4850).

do you have default settings or do you use any different theme/coloring than the default? debug file is from working or non-working configuration?

I am using the default settings. The debug file is from non-working configuration.

I recognized that AMD HD4850 is a DX10 chipset while Intel HD4000 is a DX11 chipset. Does this difference make sense?

Edited by xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 28 January 2013 - 08:55 AM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

@ bigmuscle I tried this on the VM and got it to work OK but ended up having to do a system restore after I could not log on, I just ended up with a blank screen, that doesn't worry me though as this is why I have Windows 8 on the VM, what I would like to know though, is it possible to have the transparent borders with colour but without the blur, I have never been keen on the blur, I prefer to have a custom theme with the desired opacity, if it is possible, could we have the option of turning Blur off?

Yeah, options to set the level opacity and blur radius (0 = disabled) will be available in the future. However, I don't see any reason why it should deny logging in, because this utility does not modify anything in your system. Unless you set to start it with the Windows.

I am using the default settings. The debug file is from non-working configuration.

I recognized that AMD HD4850 is a DX10 chipset while Intel HD4000 is a DX11 chipset. Does this difference make sense?

Yeah, I'm just playing with some DX10.1 vs DX11 stuff. But I don't understand why it works for DX11 but does not for DX10 in your case, it should be vice versa :-D

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Donator

Yeah, options to set the level opacity and blur radius (0 = disabled) will be available in the future. However, I don't see any reason why it should deny logging in, because this utility does not modify anything in your system. Unless you set to start it with the Windows.

Yeah, I'm just playing with some DX10.1 vs DX11 stuff. But I don't understand why it works for DX11 but does not for DX10 in your case, it should be vice versa :-D

I was messing with another app from winaero at the same time that also brings back some of the transparency and and also I was playing with another one called system transparency, anyway I tested it again after the restore and it's all working pretty good, one bug I did notice though is if you bring up the jump list on the taskbar it seems to leave some artifacts on the windows border when you hover up and down the list, I had this same problem when testing the one from winaero but running that with system transparency seemed to fix the rendering issues and made it flawless, I had to set the opacity to 254 on system transparency though as it caused some weird ghosting if it was set any lower, anyway mate keep up the great work and here is my debug file from this run if it helps at all.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
Just a question, has anyone tried with pure Direct3D 11.0 or 11.1 graphic card and can confirm that it works properly for him? I just want to know whether DWM uses D3D 10.1 for windows drawing in all situations or it is just for compatibility reasons.

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
it doesn't matter to be honest
by "vista" standard user needed DX 9 for blur (shader 2)

if you're worried about DX version being used, I don't think there's any disadvantage of 10 being used over 11 for window draw

Edited by vinifera, 28 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • 8 posts

Or, maybe OS version makes any sense?
I am launching Server 2012 on my desktop.

Thunderbolt 2864

Thunderbolt 2864

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
The download link doesn't seem to work at the moment, its not loading.
PC 1: Intel Xeon E5 2687w | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | ASRock X79 Fata1ty Champion | Aerocool Strike-X ST Black | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 4TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 8 x64 Pro

vjott

vjott

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts

The download link doesn't seem to work at the moment, its not loading.

Try using Internet Explorer to download the file.

hb860

hb860

• 16 posts
Well, just tried this.
Firefox is constantly flickering, I am unable to use it.
Windows drawing is VERY slow (like software-based DCE in Longhorn 4066/4074).
Sometimes it makes all other windows flickering for a moment.
My OS is Win8 x64 Pro Retail.
Debug log is attached.

Attached Files

• Attached File  debug.7z   1.22KB   10 downloads

There is no good OS after Windows 2000.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
Yes, it is slow, because it writes to debug log very often ;-)

Ad firefox. Do you use any plugins? If yes, could you disable them (if possible). I don't use FF at all, but I tried installing clean version and it works without any problems.

Just a message to everyone: if everything is working correctly for you then uploading debug log is useless ;-) it is helpful only in situations when you don't see the blur, crashes etc.

Edited by bigmuscle, 29 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

evilpro

evilpro

• 11 posts

Ad firefox. Do you use any plugins? If yes, could you disable them (if possible). I don't use FF at all, but I tried installing clean version and it works without any problems.

Just a message to everyone: if everything is working correctly for you then uploading debug log is useless ;-) it is helpful only in situations when you don't see the blur, crashes etc.

Awesome work, but I'm getting a lot of lags due to the debug version.
Could you maybe upload a sperate version without the log writing?

vjott

vjott

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Awesome work, but I'm getting a lot of lags due to the debug version.
Could you maybe upload a sperate version without the log writing?

He probably won't do that until he can resolve some of the problems people are having. I've come across some queer behaviour with iTunes: the contents of the iTunes window are not displayed, only the border is drawn.

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Just a question, has anyone tried with pure Direct3D 11.0 or 11.1 graphic card and can confirm that it works properly for him? I just want to know whether DWM uses D3D 10.1 for windows drawing in all situations or it is just for compatibility reasons.

It works properly for me.

hb860

hb860

• 16 posts
I will try with new clean profile for FF without any plugins and will post results here.
There is no good OS after Windows 2000.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

It works properly for me.

Nice, if you look into the log file, what is your FeatureLevel on line beginning with D3D11CreateDevice ?

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

He probably won't do that until he can resolve some of the problems people are having. I've come across some queer behaviour with iTunes: the contents of the iTunes window are not displayed, only the border is drawn.

Is iTunes application downloadable anywhere for free so I can test it?

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
Hello,
thanks for the demo it works perfectly for me. No blinking windows.
It's a bit laggy when lots of windows are opened but otherwise, nothing special.
here is my D3D11CreateDevice line in my log :

D3D11CreateDevice (DriverType = 0, Software = 0, Flags = 169, FeatureLevel = B000, device = 0xEC05E398)

Just one thing, would it be possible not to display the popup "Preview Only!!" ? (And the console window ?)
It's a bit annoying if I put the application on windows startup :/

Anyway, good job! I registered expressly to post a reply to your thread :)

PS: iTunes can be downloaded from there : http://www.apple.com/itunes/
I can confirm that the iTunes window is totally unvisible, there is just a slight shadow over the window edges showing that itunes window is opened
here is a screenshot: http://img203.images...tunesshadow.jpg

Edited by ORelio, 30 January 2013 - 06:34 AM.

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI : msfn.org/board/topic/162036

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN