Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

I just used color 6 and adjusted the Color intensity slider..I belive my buttons are smaller thoPosted Image
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Excellent job Tusticles!, I also like the more balanced look with the same size back and forward buttons, did you do this as a theme via the msstyles?

BigMuscle did the job, I only ported the RP theme :)

It is the RP theme, if I am not mistaken...RP had bigger Nav Buttons.

Yes, I ported the theme.

May I ask how your window and taskbar look like that? Its all glassy but mine isnt. What are your values for blur and opacity? :huh:

I'm using 0.8, opacity 20/25. Manually changed settings of color intensity and color mixer in 'Personalize' menu.

Posted Image

I just used color 6 and adjusted the Color intensity slider..I belive my buttons are smaller thoPosted Image

Why are you using the lite theme?

Edited by Tusticles, 27 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
How you achieve this taskbar? It's blured or just trasnparenced? If i disable transparency of taskbar in RP theme to make her blured (thanks to Bigmuscle for AG), his color became too intensive almost without transparency. Preferences in persolization don't make it less colored. if transparency is enabled, there is no blur (((. How to increase opacity of taskbar with blur effect enabled?

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13

How you achieve this taskbar? It's blured or just trasnparenced? If i disable transparency of taskbar in RP theme to make her blured (thanks to Bigmuscle for AG), his color became too intensive almost without transparency. Preferences in persolization don't make it less colored. if transparency is enabled, there is no blur (((. How to increase opacity of taskbar with blur effect enabled?

Which version are you using? 0.8? Try v0.85, and post the debug and crash log here.

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 02-February 13

Chances are just disabling it in the theme still applies the accent color, but will now be even more intense since there's no opacity component. You need to actually disable the colorization in code and enable blur as well. I though bigmuscle's program did both? This is only achievable through code, not just changing the theme.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Are you using startisback? If so, which version? Try to restart explorer process or while DWMGlass is enabled, disable SIB for current user, sign out then re-enable SIB from Control Panel.

Edited by Tusticles, 27 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Are you using startisback? If so, which version? Try to restart explorer process or while DWMGlass is enabled, disable SIB for current user, sign out then re-enable SIB from Control Panel.

SiB 2.02.
Thanks it works.
Color of Inactive Window title bar dont changes neither through registry not AGTweaker. But only in RP theme. If use custom theme resource it may change but his color is not changes again (((.
Another quastion, sorry if offtopic - what about glow effect of window buttons?

Edited by CKyHC, 27 April 2013 - 05:31 PM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
I found how to change color of font of active/inactive windows title bars.
For this need save current applied theme and give him name in personalization menu. After that going to path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\, open our saved theme file in text editor and found string "[Control Panel\Colors]", below this string are different settings of colors. Change what we need, save and through personalization aplly our theme.
This is registry keys from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" saved in theme files. But if we change they in registry manually it don't change anything.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

SiB 2.02.
Thanks it works.
Color of Inactive Window title bar dont changes neither through registry not AGTweaker. But only in RP theme. If use custom theme resource it may change but his color is not changes again (((.

Yeah, strange, I don't know what is causing that problem, it could be DWMGlass or UXStyle... Rename the msstyle to 'aero' to fix it. This applies to all custom themes.

Edited by Tusticles, 27 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

I got the bigger Nav buttons after reshacking a Win7 aero.msstyles and porting over to my Win8.. If anyone would like it just let me know and I can post the updated msstyles file..Posted Image

Posted Image

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
i would like the bigger buttons please - they look much better - i would like different sizes ones as in forward/back in explorer - would guess its possible

Fequois

Fequois
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

If anyone would like it just let me know and I can post the updated msstyles file..Posted Image

Yes please. :w00t:

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

I guess this is a bit misunderstanding how final color is constructed and even AGTweaker does not construct it correctly. I mentioned this before but since, by default, inactive frames are rendered with 1/5 intensity (ColorBalance) and 1/5 transparency (BlurBalance) of the active frame settings (it depends on the used theme but constant of 1/5 seems to be used in the majority of the themes) it may look that nothing changes when only color setting is modified.

The final version might provide GUI which allows to set the inactive color properly. I'm just trying to figure out whether it is not possible to inject additional controls directly into Windows Control panel.
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

SiB 2.02.
Thanks it works.

Yeah, strange, I don't know what is causing that problem, it could be DWMGlass or UXStyle... Rename the msstyle to 'aero' to fix it. This applies to all custom themes.

I don't use UXStyle, just copy Aero RP theme into "resources\themes" folder. Theme file name "aerorp.theme", in folder "aerorp" style named aero.msstyles.

hotsup

hotsup
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

If anyone would like it just let me know and I can post the updated msstyles file..Posted Image

Yes please. :w00t:

xXiNightXx already did that on: http://xxinightxx.de...v-2-2-350491112

Soukyuu

Soukyuu

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

For this need save current applied theme and give him name in personalization menu. After that going to path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\, open our saved theme file in text editor and found string "[Control Panel\Colors]", below this string are different settings of colors. Change what we need, save and through personalization aplly our theme.
This is registry keys from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" saved in theme files. But if we change they in registry manually it don't change anything.

Just tried that and my theme doesn't have a "[Control Panel\Colors]" section, only Desktop and Cursors. I tried exporting that registry key and copying the values and it doesn't work. No matter what I change inside the theme file, no changes are made to the appearance after I switch to this theme.

Could you please post the exact lines you have to change the window active/inactive title?

Edited by Soukyuu, 28 April 2013 - 06:42 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4 970BE | 12GB DDR3 | nVidia 260GTX | Windows 8.1u1 x64 Pro | Primary
Intel C2D T7250 | 4GB DDR2 | nVidia 8600m GT | Windows 7 x64 Pro | Secondary

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Here are the msstyles files as requested for your Theme, one is Square and one is Rounded with larger Nav matching buttons and glow buttons ported from Win 7
Enjoy! DBPosted ImageMy link

I got the bigger Nav buttons after reshacking a Win7 aero.msstyles and porting over to my Win8.. If anyone would like it just let me know and I can post the updated msstyles file..Posted Image

Posted Image

billybully

billybully

• 18 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
This looks so awesome... Gonna try it later.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Just tried that and my theme doesn't have a "[Control Panel\Colors]" section, only Desktop and Cursors. I tried exporting that registry key and copying the values and it doesn't work. No matter what I change inside the theme file, no changes are made to the appearance after I switch to this theme.

Could you please post the exact lines you have to change the window active/inactive title?

I attach my theme file, so you can look what you need.
I think it's may not contain this section if colors are match to theme.

Edited by CKyHC, 28 April 2013 - 12:43 PM.

odysseyofnoises

odysseyofnoises

• 23 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13
Wait so I don't get it, how do I run this? :< There's no exe file or anything in the .7z folder

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 01-February 13

Wait so I don't get it, how do I run this? :< There's no exe file or anything in the .7z folder

Edit LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg to change path to your DWMGlass.dll. Mine is for example "C:\\DWM\\DWMGlass.dll"
Then run it and add it to registry and Reboot.

Edited by Blackbird256, 28 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

There are just simple zip archibe in wich theme file copy his into "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\", where "username" is your name of user. After that you may edit the theme file by text editor to change what you need. Theme is appears in the personalization menu.

Edited by CKyHC, 28 April 2013 - 01:28 PM.

odysseyofnoises

odysseyofnoises

• 23 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

There are just simple zip archibe in wich theme file copy his into "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\", where "username" is your name of user. After that you may edit the theme file by text editor to change what you need. Theme is appears in the personalization menu.

I'm sorry I didn't understand a single word you just said. I don't know what this talk is of some theme file. Please articulate yourself more carefully.

odysseyofnoises

odysseyofnoises

• 23 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

Edit LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg to change path to your DWMGlass.dll. Mine is for example "C:\\DWM\\DWMGlass.dll"
Then run it and add it to registry and Reboot.

just tried that. Didn't change anything. I still have the darn windows 8 style windows.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

i would like the bigger buttons please - they look much better - i would like different sizes ones as in forward/back in explorer - would guess its possible

for ms explorer you will need to modify explorerframe.dll and shell32.dll ie details bottom pane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users