Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I love the process on this for now... I've been testing it all the time on my Virtual Machine and I was impressed.

Now I finally installed Windows 8 on my PC and yes: it's truely nice to see the Windows 7 like borders back.

My PC has two monitors. Sadly the effect only applies on the main monitor: the effect is visible at http://l0nk.org/transition.png

My main screen has a resolution of 1920x1080 while my supplementary screen is 1360x768 - you can clearly see the gap between the two monitors where the window rendering instantly stops.

Other than that.. it's been stable for me, very very great work!

Edited by L0nk

finally found a theme that works for me and able to use D3D - sure its been asked or commented on but how do i adjust blur - if i use the tweaker it has no effect - is it still an adjustable setting - maybe its still my theme

D3D mode works the same way as it worked in Win7 so the only way to adjust the blur is the ColorizationBlurBalance settings. But yes, it does a bit different thing than extending blur radius as BlurDeviation in D2D does. You could try app such as AeroTuner to modify the native settings.

To others, please don't discuss any theme-related things here, neither rounded border etc. I does not have anything to do with this piece of software.

finally found a theme that works for me and able to use D3D - sure its been asked or commented on but how do i adjust blur - if i use the tweaker it has no effect - is it still an adjustable setting - maybe its still my theme

D3D mode works the same way as it worked in Win7 so the only way to adjust the blur is the ColorizationBlurBalance settings. But yes, it does a bit different thing than extending blur radius as BlurDeviation in D2D does. You could try app such as AeroTuner to modify the native settings.

To others, please don't discuss any theme-related things here, neither rounded border etc. I does not have anything to do with this piece of software.

whatever the setting blur is fine now i have D3D working - i was just puzzled as to why it did not change when altered in the tweaker program as it had - thats obviously for D2D - if it had been said i had missed it - all in all the less there is to adjust the better - what we had in 7 worked - or what i had - so the same here - i will go with what you give us

AERO GLASS for WIN8 BETA 1

Bigmuscle, I would like to present you with the "Outstanding Hacking" award. The program is almost perfect. But, one thing that annoys me is that the windows lose transparency when using desktop Peek. It is more noticeable on inactive windows.

post-373381-0-99058600-1365345294_thumb.

post-373381-0-69473200-1365345514_thumb.

My PC has two monitors. Sadly the effect only applies on the main monitor: the effect is visible at http://l0nk.org/transition.png

My main screen has a resolution of 1920x1080 while my supplementary screen is 1360x768 - you can clearly see the gap between the two monitors where the window rendering instantly stops.

That's exactly what I experience and mentioned earlier... :)

Very good work! You have done a lot of work studying the internal functions of Windows 8 graphics engine (undocumented and even hidden), that is great. Hope, development of this project will continue, and final release will be open-source (as assumed early). This will give the opportunity to study and gain programming experience to many interested programmers :) .

But, unfortunally, in v0.7 (beta 1) I have two problems:

• Black borders of inactive windows in D3D mode. As I understood, in D3D mode we need to turn opacity value to 0 in order fix this. But in this case the color of each inactive window is too bright (not just white and transparent - what we can see in D2D mode), and it is almost impossible to see window title and even it's border. So, I still use D2D mode, where everything is normal, but I want to use D3D one, considering that D2D support will be removed in future releases.
    My theme is default Win8, without any modifications. Should I use theme from the Consumer Preview (if it is more optimized for aero glass)? So, in that case, can you publish your theme, or, if you hadn't modified original one, where it is possible get it? (everywhere can be found just optimized for Win7 Consumer Preview Win8 theme, but it doesn't work well on Win8).
  • In both modes (D2D and D3D) after system restart taskbar becomes non-colorized and without blur effect (just absolutely transparent). Also taskbar becomes non-colorized after changing of any personalisation parameters. To make it colored I need to run DWMGlass again (re-apply in ORelio's AGTweaker - the only way I have found to fix problem temporarily).

Edited by Dageron

I have been asking desperately... Is there a round corner theme for w8 or not? Someone please answer! :(

If there is one then I haven't found it either.

Here is your answer:

Cheers and Regards

Ok, edited the default aero theme and changed the borders, shadows and the caption buttons with the ones from Release Preview, it looks much better but something is missing, the glow behind the text in window title. I also added the glow texture in the msstyle but from what I know you must hex-edit NORMAL.RES in VARIANT to enable glow. The problem is that I have no f**king idea which is the address for that! Some users with experience in theme editing can help me? Thank you.

titleglow.png

Nvm, I did it using Windows Style Builder.