Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Why did you edited the RP port and not the default aero theme?

I did not do it at all, I downloaded it from this site. Just two different topics, I made ​​one :rolleyes:

Dude, that's an unfinished RP port, I made it. Why would someone edit the ported theme to add the navigation buttons and window borders from win7? :unsure:

Edited by Tusticles, 01 May 2013 - 01:57 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

I do not see anything wrong in your image (in relation in my AeroGlass implementation).

That's what I thought. I knew that Glass works fine, perfect in normal mode except for the dark inactive window. Hopefully, your control panel will not have this glich.

Edited by WindowsOS, 01 May 2013 - 03:30 PM.

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
Wow this has changed a lot since I was last here, would someone mind please telling me how to get this working now that the zips no longer come with an exe file?

Thanks. =)

Gabe

Gabe

• 15 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13
Hi, just thought I'd share my experience. Version 0.85 (and 0.80), Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) x64. Default theme, AGTweaker used to modify settings.

- "Autodetect" feature level gives me the bugged complete transparency. Anything above 9.3 does the same. Anything in the 11 series causes crash-loops I can only avert using the Ctrl method.
- Changing the color of the window borders produces anomalous results if done from within the Windows Personalize tool while your Aero is running, because on restart of the system or the Aero module, the color is changed (darker on my system).
- The opacity slider only affects background windows. The foreground Window's opacity is not noticeably altered with this slider at lower values, but the background windows become more transparent. At extremely high values, all transparency is eliminated in background and foreground windows.
- The "blur" slider seems to increase brightness of the foreground window chrome (and opacity, though as a cause or effect I am uncertain). Values up to around 100 make the foreground chrome extremely bright against all background patterns, extremely low values make the glass very dark, and values higher than 100 do not affect the brightness; they merely cause all translucency to stop.
- Windows Mobility Center still displays inappropriate transparency. I cannot speculate whose code is at fault; it could be Microsoft's (also arguably to blame for the lack of Aero in the first place, but I digress), yours, or Intel's (driver)...or a healthy combination of them.

Edited by Gabe, 01 May 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13

Wow this has changed a lot since I was last here, would someone mind please telling me how to get this working now that the zips no longer come with an exe file?

Thanks. =)

Extract the 7z archive to a folder, for example "C:/DWM", now rgt click on LoadGlass_AppInit_DLLs.reg and select edit, now replace the AppInit_DLLs value as per the location of your extracted files, as per the example "C://DWM//DWMGlass.dll". Save the file and merge it with registry. Restart your computer and Aero Glass should start.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

I do not see anything wrong in your image (in relation in my AeroGlass implementation).

That's what I thought. I knew that Glass works fine, perfect in normal mode except for the dark inactive window. Hopefully, your control panel will not have this glich.

Hi, just thought I'd share my experience. Version 0.85 (and 0.80), Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) x64. Default theme, AGTweaker used to modify settings.

- "Autodetect" feature level gives me the bugged complete transparency. Anything above 9.3 does the same. Anything in the 11 series causes crash-loops I can only avert using the Ctrl method.
- Changing the color of the window borders produces anomalous results if done from within the Windows Personalize tool while your Aero is running, because on restart of the system or the Aero module, the color is changed (darker on my system).
- The opacity slider only affects background windows. The foreground Window's opacity is not noticeably altered with this slider at lower values, but the background windows become more transparent. At extremely high values, all transparency is eliminated in background and foreground windows.
- The "blur" slider seems to increase brightness of the foreground window chrome (and opacity, though as a cause or effect I am uncertain). Values up to around 100 make the foreground chrome extremely bright against all background patterns, extremely low values make the glass very dark, and values higher than 100 do not affect the brightness; they merely cause all translucency to stop.
- Windows Mobility Center still displays inappropriate transparency. I cannot speculate whose code is at fault; it could be Microsoft's (also arguably to blame for the lack of Aero in the first place, but I digress), yours, or Intel's (driver)...or a healthy combination of them.

Please, do not report any glitches if you use AGTweaker. The settings which it alters are not supported by my AeroGlass and it even does not respect DWM colorization rules/ranges, thus it can result in completely wrong behaviour.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13

Thanks. =)

Extract the 7z archive to a folder, for example "C:/DWM", now rgt click on LoadGlass_AppInit_DLLs.reg and select edit, now replace the AppInit_DLLs value as per the location of your extracted files, as per the example "C://DWM//DWMGlass.dll". Save the file and merge it with registry. Restart your computer and Aero Glass should start.

Thanks for the reply. =)

I tried doing this but the Aero glass doesn't load on reboot, however the version 0.5 with the exe file continues to work. I wonder why this is. Do I need to edit more registry entries than the ones given to get it to work?

Thanks.

dskiller

dskiller
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13
I been having bug in my system that likes to creep up when removing uxstyles or patchers. On reboot the system would stop booting after the logo and lights on keyboard flashing on and off.

This happened again today and only way around is to restore from image.

Found out from Google search the problem is related to a windows update.

the aero glass program is good.

theme programs are just giving me a headache.

just wasted an half hour today.

Edited by dskiller, 02 May 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13

Thanks. =)

Thanks for the reply. =)

I tried doing this but the Aero glass doesn't load on reboot, however the version 0.5 with the exe file continues to work. I wonder why this is. Do I need to edit more registry entries than the ones given to get it to work?

Thanks.

When you tried v0.8, did you still get the popup message? You can try the v0.85 Debug version, and post your debug and/or crash log for bigmuscle to analyse...

Edited by Rayn19, 02 May 2013 - 06:15 AM.

AlexKven

AlexKven

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Thanks. =)

Thanks for the reply. =)

Thanks.

If your Windows 8 has secure boot supported hardware, you need to disable secure boot to get this to work.

Gabe

Gabe

• 15 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

Please, do not report any glitches if you use AGTweaker. The settings which it alters are not supported by my AeroGlass and it even does not respect DWM colorization rules/ranges, thus it can result in completely wrong behaviour.

Okay. I am now re-reporting these glitches which can be reproduced without AGTweaker:

I also want to stress that I only used AGTweaker in the first place because opacity was wrong by default (background windows appeared way too dark, and using AGTweaker to adjust opacity resolved this issue).

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
What is wrong about Mobility Center? It works as expected here.

Posted Image

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Working good so far :D
Posted Image

Only bug I have encountered so far is if you frag a window behind the taskbar, you get garbage that shows when you move the window around.

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
Database weirded out and posted twice. Delete please, thanks =)

Edited by ElvenSpellmaker, 02 May 2013 - 05:20 PM.

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
Thanks Rayn19, I downloaded version 0.85 and I get the following dialogues:
Posted Image
Posted Image

And my current debug log: https://dl.dropboxus...Glass/debug.log

I'm running Windows 8 Professional with Media Centre x64 and the version 0.5 loads fine.

(This laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium x86 back when I bought it so I assume it's not a secure boot issue?)

Edited by ElvenSpellmaker, 02 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

dazl

dazl
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 29-April 13
I'm getting a jump list glitch that does not occur in Windows 7:

Posted Image

Is there any chance of this getting fixed? Or is it a fundamental issue with Windows 8? Also, I'm working on a Windows 8 theme utilizing your glass utility, do you have a rough estimate of when we can be expecting a usable beta?

Thank you!

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13

Thanks Rayn19, I downloaded version 0.85 and I get the following dialogues:
Posted Image
Posted Image

And my current debug log: https://dl.dropboxus...Glass/debug.log

I'm running Windows 8 Professional with Media Centre x64 and the version 0.5 loads fine.

(This laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium x86 back when I bought it so I assume it's not a secure boot issue?)

Try lowering the the color intensity, while using v0.85.

Posted Image

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Posted Image

Is there any chance of this getting fixed? Or is it a fundamental issue with Windows 8? Also, I'm working on a Windows 8 theme utilizing your glass utility, do you have a rough estimate of when we can be expecting a usable beta?

Thank you!

I see this as the bug in the theme and not in the aeroglass utility.

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
Hi Rayn19,

I moved the slider and as soon as I did the transparency burst into life, even when I put it back high again, is this a bug in the 0.8(5) versions?
I still get the messages when I go to the Screen Resolution page and I don't know if it will continue to work on a reboot.

(Also is there any way to change the inactive colour, because I can barely distinguish them from each other [much like Windows 7].)

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
There is no 0.85 version, you probably mean that debug build which was intended for testing surface render target only. The other things in it are completely broken so it is normal that you get message boxes about incompatibility.

And yes, inactive colour can be changed in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM using DWORD values ColorizationColorInactive, ColorizationColorBalanceInactive, ColorizationBlurBalanceInactive, ColorizationAfterglowInactive and ColorizationAfterglowBalanceInactive .

dazl

dazl
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 29-April 13

Posted Image

Thank you!

It's ported directly from my Windows 7 theme which does not have this issue so I don't think the issue is with my theme. Others are having a similar issue albeit with a hack workaround: http://vistastylebui...g10279#msg10279

Thanks

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Posted Image

Thank you!

It's ported directly from my Windows 7 theme which does not have this issue so I don't think the issue is with my theme. Others are having a similar issue albeit with a hack workaround: http://vistastylebui...g10279#msg10279

Thanks

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

MikeRL

MikeRL

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 20-April 13

Donator

Posted Image

Thank you!

Thanks

Sorry double post, seems there was a database error

Join the club with the database error causing double posts. I wonder if the admins of the forum know about this?

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,023 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

Sorry double post, seems there was a database error

Join the club with the database error causing double posts. I wonder if the admins of the forum know about this?

We sure do know and are working to solve it for some time already...

Gabe

Gabe

• 15 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

Posted Image

Thank you!

Thanks

Not sure what your problem is as you did not really explain it, if your referring to the non transparent top part of the jump list then I can say that I have not had this problem at all with aero glass from Big Muscle I have used D3D and D2D and both render fine with the themes that support it, just because it was ported directly from Windows 7 does not mean there might not be some problems, send me a link for the theme to test and I can tell you straight away if the problem is with the theme or not.

Posted Image
Works fine here on default theme (I also turned on "thin edges" and custom theme resource "default", but works even if you don't).

Edited by Gabe, 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users