Hi, just thought I'd share my experience. Version 0.85 (and 0.80), Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) x64. Default theme, AGTweaker used to modify settings.
- "Autodetect" feature level gives me the bugged complete transparency. Anything above 9.3 does the same. Anything in the 11 series causes crash-loops I can only avert using the Ctrl method.
- Changing the color of the window borders produces anomalous results if done from within the Windows Personalize tool while your Aero is running, because on restart of the system or the Aero module, the color is changed (darker on my system).
- The opacity slider only affects background windows. The foreground Window's opacity is not noticeably altered with this slider at lower values, but the background windows become more transparent. At extremely high values, all transparency is eliminated in background and foreground windows.
- The "blur" slider seems to increase brightness of the foreground window chrome (and opacity, though as a cause or effect I am uncertain). Values up to around 100 make the foreground chrome extremely bright against all background patterns, extremely low values make the glass very dark, and values higher than 100 do not affect the brightness; they merely cause all translucency to stop.
- Windows Mobility Center still displays inappropriate transparency. I cannot speculate whose code is at fault; it could be Microsoft's (also arguably to blame for the lack of Aero in the first place, but I digress), yours, or Intel's (driver)...or a healthy combination of them.
Edited by Gabe, 01 May 2013 - 04:37 PM.