Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

Tribes11

Tribes11
  • 8 posts
This looks absolutely amazing! You DID IT!!! Excellent work!

I've been using this since version DWM v0.3 from your other topic, it is AMAZING how far you got and how you evolved in this program!

I wonder if it's ever going to be possible for you to add the white glow below the title of the window, is this ever possible? Is there a theme, to do this?

Thanks for your hard work! If it weren't for you, we would never be able to use AeroGlass on Windows 8!!
THANKS A LOT!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts
you can use windows 8 release preview themes in the personalize menu from the installer version to get white blur under the title.

Then go to the aero glass tweaker then load custom resource themes and select AeroRP.png under the resources folder. Then apply it.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

If it weren't for you, we would never be able to use AeroGlass on Windows 8!!

BigMuscle should be proud - being the only person in the world to be able to accomplish what every other person wants is no small feat!

-Noel

Tribes11

Tribes11
  • 8 posts

you can use windows 8 release preview themes in the personalize menu from the installer version to get white blur under the title.

Then go to the aero glass tweaker then load custom resource themes and select AeroRP.png under the resources folder. Then apply it.

Thanks!

Radiophile

Radiophile
  • 2 posts
I've been following this thread since it started. Finally could wait no longer to install and try it. I'm happy to report that it works here without flaw.

(Although initially, I didn't know what to do. It installed, I waited, but nothing happened. Then I saw the .reg file supplied, so I executed it, got an error message that it could only make some of the registry changes, not all of them, due to something about permissions.)

Anyway, a few seconds later, I got the "Use at your own risk" dialog, and then it started working. I used Win8's Personalize | Color settings to tweak it a bit, and -- voila! -- Windows 8 looks beautiful. I have run most of my programs, lots of windows open and around on screen, and I haven't been able to break it.

Some say Win7 is what Vista should have been. I say Win8 with Aero Glass, Startisback, and TinyWindowsBorders is what Win7 should have been. :) Thank you, bigmuscle!

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,946 posts

Donator

I say Win8 with Aero Glass, Startisback is what Win7 should have been. :)

me, too.
Posted Image

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts
Here is the Aero Glass for Windows 8 (How to Manual) and Some tweaks step from me to make the Aero Glass looks like Windows 7 or Windows 8 RP :yes:
Download How To Manual and Tweaks Step

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts

Good Job Kid!.. and you can just right click it now and pin to start menu for quick access..DP Posted Image
Off topic but whats the deal with Chrome and all the Data base errors when trying to post? Dont see to have a issue when posting off of IE tho..

Thank you sir, i just want to help :lol:

softzl

softzl
  • 5 posts
my question is how to uninstall it? just Delete?

ssn650

ssn650
  • 9 posts

Here is the Aero Glass for Windows 8 (How to Manual) and Some tweaks step from me to make the Aero Glass looks like Windows 7 or Windows 8 RP :yes:
Download How To Manual and Tweaks Step

Thanks so much for the instructions; they're surely a big help to those non-techies out here!

Looks like this DWM Hook is ready for prime time. I'm waiting for the final release to avoid the warning pop-ups and welcome this great enhancement to Windows 8!

Edited by ssn650, 27 May 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
I just installed fences by stardock and the program settings are integrated in Control Panel, I hope you will do the same. :)

usaff22

usaff22
  • 9 posts

I just installed fences by stardock and the program settings are integrated in Control Panel, I hope you will do the same. :)

If Bigmuscle does that though it might break in Windows 8.1

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

How so? There isn't Control Panel in 8.1 or what? StartIsBack has its settings in it too.

Edited by Blackbird256, 27 May 2013 - 07:44 AM.

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 53 posts

I can't find that file in System32 u.u.. it seems that doesn't exist in Windows 8 Build 9200..

It is NOT a file in System32. It is PART of the .msstyles file of any theme. That is also why the W8 Basic theme has the style different then normal.

Attached Files

skymonster

skymonster
  • 4 posts
thank you guy, your program works good :thumbup

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts

my question is how to uninstall it? just Delete?

What installation version that you use? the isntaller version or the manual installtion script?

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts

Did you know, how to add it? it's that via the registry?
I'll make the AGTwekaer added to the control panel, if you would to tell me how :D

By the way, does ORelio still develope the AGTwekaer?
Or waiting for the final release of Aero Glass for DWM first? :}

drakenabarion

drakenabarion

Junior

• Pip
  • 83 posts

How so? There isn't Control Panel in 8.1 or what? StartIsBack has its settings in it too.

Ha! I never noticed this because it just says "Start Menu" like it did in previous versions (of Windows).

So yes, a settings shortcut in the control panel should be no difficulty because many applications have this.

Edited by drakenabarion, 27 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Did you know, how to add it? it's that via the registry?
I'll make the AGTwekaer added to the control panel, if you would to tell me how :D

By the way, does ORelio still develope the AGTwekaer?
Or waiting for the final release of Aero Glass for DWM first? :}

It's easy but Fences settings are not opened in a new window, but in Control Panel window, it's a shell extension.

Posted Image

--edit--

Reg file for AGTweaker

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"
"InfoTip"="Change Aero Glass Settings"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\Shell\Open\command]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"

Edited by Tusticles, 27 May 2013 - 01:52 PM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
AERO GLASS for Win8 RC2

* optimized buffer size
* send integer screen size to vertex shader (this should reduce occasional flickering)
* improved D3D error handling

This version does not bring anything important now. It just contains several internal optimizations which I need to test before final release to decide whether to include them now or postpone them for some later 1.x release.

Edited by bigmuscle, 27 May 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts

The existing version isn't going to work with 8.1 anyway. DWM will have undergone far more changes than control panel for starters...

DimasKid

DimasKid

• 28 posts

--edit--

Reg file for AGTweaker

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"
"InfoTip"="Change Aero Glass Settings"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}\Shell\Open\command]
@="C:\\AGTweaker\\AGTweaker.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{373419B5-F3F9-4D20-9A45-6D4898CE9E04}]
@="Aero Glass Tweaker"

Oke thank's i'll make it included in RC2 installer version.
By the way can you send me the Updated AGTwekaer modification to be included in the installer version :D

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
My Lock screen got skipped a couple of times while using RC1 and it still, sometimes, gets skipped in RC2, does anyone else have the same problem? I tried it on a fresh install of Windows 8 and still the problem persists.

Here are my RC1 debug logs, and debug logs after fresh install.

The performance seems a little more better with RC2, cant wait for the final release.

BTW, bigmuscle, what are your plans for its GUI?

Waad

Waad
  • 2 posts
My OS in Windows 8 x64. I have installed an installer version for Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC1 x64 recently. I didn't use Glass Colorization Swatches.reg. After that I uninstalled the application and deleted the DWM folder in C:/ Now I have a flickering black screen (LED backlight on - off) after reboot. The safe mode doesn't work. After several attempts to reboot I get BSOD BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. What should I do? (I would like not to reinstall Windows)

geniep

geniep
  • 3 posts

hey bigmuscle ,will you remove popup window in the next version? :rolleyes: I want it can work all the time even I play the game or watch movie!

Wow, if I had time would like to count how many posts there are asking for the popup to be removed. I'm not even going to tell you. Go to page 90, 89, 88, or whatever your favorite number is and read Bigmuscle's explanation, either directly from him or echoed by other members.

Bigmuscle, it would benefit you and us to include another message in the popup box in future versions:

"This popup WILL NOT be removed until the 1.0 release of this software. DO NOT talk about this on the main thread of this utility. If you don't like this popup, then uninstall this and wait until the final release. It will happen soon enough."

OK I will waiting for the next version!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN