Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2630 replies to this topic

NedYar1

NedYar1
  • 5 posts
Is there anyway to put the streaks/lines from Vista and 7 Aero back in Windows 8? I was just wondering.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dreamweaver01

Dreamweaver01

• 17 posts

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

Btw, I played a bit, it's a glitchy as hell but:
Posted Image
However, the testing versions will be available on invitation only.

May I have an invitation, please.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,950 posts

Donator

please focus on the Win8 RTM version and release the final before creating the 8.1 version.

:angel
Posted Image

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

please focus on the Win8 RTM version and release the final before creating the 8.1 version.

Yeah, it's almost ready, just need to create installer etc. I did some last changes (mostly fixed bugs reported here and finished symbols downloading to be WinUpdates-proof) and do not intend to modify it more, I'm just not sure whether to risk it and release it directly as it is now or give one more RC to test.
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Yeah, it's almost ready, just need to create installer etc. I did some last changes (mostly fixed bugs reported here and finished symbols downloading to be WinUpdates-proof) and do not intend to modify it more, I'm just not sure whether to risk it and release it directly as it is now or give one more RC to test.

Depends. Are there any serious bugs? Like really serious bugs(black screens etc.) Is that Save theme dialog gone? Then I'd say yes. Any other minor bugs aren't important for now and can be always fixed later. I don't remember any game/software that stayed at 1.0 and was perfect.

Edited by Blackbird256, 30 June 2013 - 01:35 PM.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
By the way, ClassicShell 4.0 is going to recognize the Aero Glass for Win8 product and offer the ability to have "glassy" menus. I'm beta testing that version now, and it works:

Posted Image

BigMuscle, if you see fit to include me in your Windows 8.1 testing, I'll be happy to contribute.

-Noel

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

Posted Image

I'm impressed, that was very quick work (buggy or not) :). Nice job.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,950 posts

Donator

I'm just not sure whether to risk it and release it directly as it is now or give one more RC to test.

release a RC4 so that we can test this version. if users have no serious issues you can release the Final next week.
Posted Image

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
do whatever feels right - for me i would be happy with a final as i have had no problem from about 0.3 - it will never be finished i guess as things change or ideas are added but they can always be in updates

apart from the popup its been great for a long time

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,950 posts

Donator

but making changes to a RC requires a new build to test. Only when you tested it and it worked, recompile the source (without any functional change) and only adjust the versionnumbers and remove RC/Beta strings.
Posted Image

NedYar1

NedYar1
  • 5 posts

I think you should release it as version 1.0, and if any issues arise you can release an updated version.

Edited by NedYar1, 30 June 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Emeryao

Emeryao
  • 1 posts
Doesn't work on windows 8.1 preview

gontie

gontie

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted Image

I'm impressed, that was very quick work (buggy or not) :). Nice job.

+1

I am also really impressed, 8.1 + aero Blur will be hel of a OS.

This solution should be honestly putted in the Windows Store when it is completed. I gives so much more to Windows 8.

Thanks Bigmuscle.

ElvenSpellmaker

ElvenSpellmaker
  • 8 posts

Posted Image

I'm a huge advocate for this software as it brings back what I think is one of the key forward thinking concepts in GUI design.

I was so glad when I stumbled across this project, and RC3 works flawlessly.

I'd be willing to help out with a Windows 8.1 version of the project if you'd like. =)

The screenshot probably doesn't show how glitchy it is, but it looks great from the screenshot!

DosProbie

DosProbie

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 685 posts

Donator

Has anyone been able to patch the theme .dll files in 8.1 or use a custom visual style?

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

i have an error when i import the key swatches.reg
show me the way to import this reg

You need to take ownership of that Registry tree, then only you can edit the values.

@bigmuscle: Release another RC before final, so we can test it. We should make sure the final version is as less buggy as possible.

and also count me in for private beta testing!

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Yes, I will release another RC and maybe final at the end of this week. But it is nice weather here so I will probably more out than near my computer :whistle:
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

NedYar1

NedYar1
  • 5 posts
Yeah, it is probably a good idea to do one more RC.

Dreamweaver01

Dreamweaver01

• 17 posts

Yes, I will release another RC and maybe final at the end of this week. But it is nice weather here so I will probably more out than near my computer :whistle:

Good! This way we can test the installer along with Aero Glass.

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Aero Glass is looking better and better with more Aero Glass capable themes coming to Windows 8.

Posted Image

Link: Soft8

gontie

gontie

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Aero Glass is looking better and better with more Aero Glass capable themes coming to Windows 8.

Posted Image

Offtopic, what is the software you use to show the dl and up speed near the right below corner ?

Rayn19

Rayn19

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Offtopic, what is the software you use to show the dl and up speed near the right below corner ?

NetSpeedMonitor, if you are using Windows 8, run the setup in compatibility mode (set to Windows 7).

XSStudio

XSStudio

• 11 posts
@bigmuscle: May I ask what's the name of the theme you're using in your official website demo? That's fabulous!! Thx in advance~ :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

@bigmuscle: May I ask what's the name of the theme you're using in your official website demo? That's fabulous!! Thx in advance~ :rolleyes:

Release Preview Theme

Edited by Tusticles, 02 July 2013 - 08:32 AM.

inighthawki

inighthawki

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Release Preview Theme

Is it? It appears to have the window frames of he RP theme yet the taskbar of the RTM theme...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN