Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

There is nothing to remove except the changes you made manually on your own. The utility does not perform any permanent changes in your system. Ad install registry script - just reverse all values 0x1 -> 0x0, 0x0 -> 0x1, DLL name -> empty.

BTW, here is image resource which I promised earlier. It is nothing more than regular Win8 theme with caption glow effect. Specify the file name in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:CustomThemeResource and restart DWM process. You must be using default Windows 8 theme else your captions will be corrupted.

http://leteckaposta.cz/793494602

Edited by bigmuscle

Tried to enable rounded corners, it works well except that a rectangle is still drawn around the windows ^^

roundedp.png

(I prefer non-rounded windows, but I was just trying, to see if it works)

Edited by ORelio

As I wrote earlier, it works as expected. You just have a theme which have rectangular edges in its texture.

Do you know of any round edged theme Bigmuscle? Or anyone else?

Thanks for the beta, it's very well!

However, there is a problem for me with Battlefield 3. There already was such a problem, which was fixed in an earlier preview I didn't test. I tested the beta 1 today and there is still/again a lag while moving the mouse. If I enable raw input it's not that much as it is with disabled raw input but still unplayable. ;)

I hope you can find a fix for that!

Greetings from Germany

There is nothing to remove except the changes you made manually on your own. The utility does not perform any permanent changes in your system. Ad install registry script - just reverse all values 0x1 -> 0x0, 0x0 -> 0x1, DLL name -> empty.

BTW, here is image resource which I promised earlier. It is nothing more than regular Win8 theme with caption glow effect. Specify the file name in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:CustomThemeResource and restart DWM process. You must be using default Windows 8 theme else your captions will be corrupted.

http://leteckaposta.cz/793494602

CustomThemeResource should be a string value and the data is the file name or the whole path?

Bigmuscle, I have to thank you very much. After actually using a Windows 8 tablet, I actually like the flat UI much better on a tablet, but on the laptop I upgraded last November from Windows 7, this utility really brings back a lot. Once again, thank you.

Now, not to be the WPF police, but WPF windows are still not compatible with this. I am guessing you are still using layered windows? Don't rush or anything, the graphical glitches don't impair functionality, they just look out of place. As far as I know, neither WPF windows no UAC prompts can made to be layered.

Thank you!

thanks. I tried the x86 version, but this version doesn't work:

post-70718-0-18836200-1364875455_thumb.p

Crash.log:

Writing crash log...
DWMGlass: 0x74ACAD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc
d2d1: 0x74614462: ?

Hey what theme is that? or how did u get glowing text

:blink:

So has anyone figured out what you need to edit in WSB to make the corners actually round? Making caption buttons round was easy, but the corners are hidden somewhere

IwcYsjZ.png?1

I can't find how to add caption glow either. It's not present in W8.

Edited by Blackbird256

Hello i just install it on my win 8 32bit and i gt this error...

Writing crash log...

DWMGlass: 0x7505AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Writing crash log...

DWMGlass: 0x750AF0ED: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (248:0), function: failwithmessage

DWMGlass: 0x750AECF9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\error.cpp (272:11), function: _RTC_Failure

DWMGlass: 0x750851A9: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\prebuild\rtc\stack.cpp (52:11), function: _RTC_CheckEsp

DWMGlass: 0x75077B19: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\settingsmanager.cpp (120:54), function: SettingsManager::loadColorizationSettings

Writing crash log...

DWMGlass: 0x7505AD49: d:\projekty\aeroglass\mydwm-dx11\dwmhook\iatfunctions.h (22:0), function: myWndProc

Edited by Avs

CustomThemeResource should be a string value and the data is the file name or the whole path?

Yes, type REG_SZ with whole path to PNG file.

Now, not to be the WPF police, but WPF windows are still not compatible with this. I am guessing you are still using layered windows? Don't rush or anything, the graphical glitches don't impair functionality, they just look out of place. As far as I know, neither WPF windows no UAC prompts can made to be layered.

I'm still working hard on finding correct solution for repainting of occlusion regions. Currently, I found a way of setting alpha channel directly for DWM visual objects. It works the same way as layered windows, just the WS_EX_LAYERED bit is not set so WPF and UAC windows transparency works correctly. The problem is that I can't decide which window I want to modify this way - so even desktop background is blended with transparency 0.9999 and it's not performance optimal at all.