Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Possible to link a share to another share?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,921 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I have received a decommissioned domain controller that I am in the process of converting into a file server. I currently have a share on one computer and we have scripts that connect to that share using the computer name. The old file server (not connected to the network) and the current one have the same computer name. Since all our locations use the same names and scripts, it would be great if I could set up a rule or something just for the network here so that the scripts can stay the same. I can't change the computer name of the current file server because it is a domain controller.

What I would like to have happen is that when a client attempts to map the network drive using the existing scripts, it maps to the new server rather than the old one. Is there a way to do this? I have not renamed the new file server yet, I figured I'd ask about it before trying anything.

Both servers use Server 2008 R2 Standard.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users