Slipstream XP Pro MCE 2005 OEM 3-disc pack

KLund1

Hi all,

I've been looking a long time to find the topic here about the correct procedure to slipstream my OEM 3-cd XP Pro MCE 2005. I remember I have to copy an i386 folder somewhere, and add in the SP2 disk at a certain time. But I can't find the step by step directions that were here.

Can someone point to it, or list the steps in order? Thanks

Also I've read a lot about slipstreaming sp3 and all the difficulties in doing it, mce downgrade from 3.0 to 2.8, no mediaplayer 10, only MP9, etc. Is there a simple guide to do slip it in without file editing, scripts run, finding, and moving cryptic files to deep directories. Or is it just simpler to go through windows update? I'm just a single user install, so I have the time to wait for downloads. Or does that also downgrade MCE from 3.0 to 2.8?

anyway, thank everyone

Thanks

There isn't much there. I followed the links to integrate sp3, much too complex for me. But I'm not to worried about that now. Just want to slipstream my oem 3cd's down to one correctly.

I've searched again, and any search that has a 3 in it brings up SP3 topics, not 3 cd's

I'm seriously confused.

OEM 3 CD's - you MUST mean that TWO of them are the MCE2005 and the THIRD one is a set of Drivers/Apps.

You CAN'T integrate SP3 easily. You MUST download the FULL Package and install it AFTER the MCE2005 Install.

And YES, the links give a "workaround" to slipstream and preserve the MCE2005 (v3.0). I haven't tried it because I installed SP3 to a "recovered image" of my Dell which, BTW, is a single DVD (instead of two CD's) and it affected nothing.

There IS a way to combine the 2-CD's to one DVD. The THIRD one can be integrated according to what is SUPPOSED to be installed for YOUR PC from the Third. We have no clue as to the contents of the third.

How are the CD's marked as to what they are? Bet they're as I described it.

edit - nLite will combine the TWO CD's and as for the OTHER CD, it all depends on which Apps/Drivers you need. After that, you will need MCE-2005 MS Fixes UNLESS you do the manual SP3 trick first.

The thing about SP3 is it was badly built for MCE and won't slipstream BUT will recognize MCE2005 after install.

Edited by submix8c