Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Malicious Software Removal Tool keeps downloading over and over.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Doing a clean install of Vista Ultimate 32 bit on a laptop and Windows Update keeps downloading and installing the current update to the Malicious Software Removal Tool over and over. I've tried unchecking it and hiding it but in about 10 seconds it pops up again.

Install it and there's no error message, but a short while later Windows Update wants to download and install it again.

I've searched the web for this and found people posting about it doing the same thing as far back as 2006.

Microsoft, this is a bug. FIX IT and stop repeating whatever it is you keep doing that makes it happen time after time. I'd think after 15 years of Windows Update, and this same problem with various downloads over that time, that by now they'd have the issue permanently cured.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

I know in XP if you uncheck it and hide it, it will just offer you the previous months one. So you need to use the latest version. http://www.microsoft...tion.aspx?id=16

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN