Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Auto detect ATI driver

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

OlFatGuy

OlFatGuy
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-March 12
Got a question. I am making an install disk that I would like to include drivers for an ATI video card. I would like to use this disk for more than just that computer. If I use this disk on another computer that doesn't have that card will the disk auto detect this and install a different driver? If it well not is there a way to make it detect hardware and install a default or correct driver?
Thanks
Olfatguy

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,411 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
The Integrated Drivers are placed in separate Folders within the I386 folder as folder(s) "NLDRV\nnn" where "nnn" is a generated sequence number. nLite modifies TXTSETUP.SIF to allow POINTING to as "potential" drivers to use. If that given Hardware doesn't exist, then the Standard PnP Drivers included with the OS will be used.

Not a problem.

HTH

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users