Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Does WAIK support Windows XP Home SP3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

vipejc

vipejc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 03-February 11
All the Microsoft download says is it supports XP SP2 or XP SP2 with KB926044 installed (if you want to load a Vista registry hive in XP). However, I read an article on WAIK that said you must use Windows XP Professional SP2, but I'm sure SP3 would also work. What I can't confirm is can Windows XP Home SP3 be used with WAIK?

Edited by vipejc, 31 January 2013 - 02:25 PM.

There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,921 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Which WAIK download?

This one doesn't even mention XP:
http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5753

Unless you mean this old one for Vista:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=10333

Its probably because the Vista WAIK was released before XP SP3 was released, why it doesn't mention it. It may work, you'd have to try it.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

vipejc

vipejc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 03-February 11
Yes, Trip, I'm referring to the old Vista one, build 6000. I'm sure it supports XP SP3. What I need to know is does the WAIK support Windows XP Home Edition? Microsoft isn't the most detailed bunch.
There's no such thing as a dumb computer question. Each of us interprets info differently. - Me

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,921 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Ok I'll try replying again... :whistle:

It probably works with either Home or Pro. It doesn't hurt to try it right? I never used it on XP myself.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

vipejc

vipejc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 03-February 11

Ok I'll try replying again... :whistle:

It probably works with either Home or Pro. It doesn't hurt to try it right? I never used it on XP myself.

It didn't work. Looks like I'm sticking with BartPE, which is by no means a bad thing.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,593 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

It didn't work. Looks like I'm sticking with BartPE, which is by no means a bad thing.

Well, there isn't only the "MS WAIK only" way to build a PE.
You can produce a PE 2.x or PE 3.x with other tools/builders, which normally run under XP.

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users