Does WAIK support Windows XP Home SP3?

vipejc

All the Microsoft download says is it supports XP SP2 or XP SP2 with KB926044 installed (if you want to load a Vista registry hive in XP). However, I read an article on WAIK that said you must use Windows XP Professional SP2, but I'm sure SP3 would also work. What I can't confirm is can Windows XP Home SP3 be used with WAIK?

Edited by vipejc

Which WAIK download?

This one doesn't even mention XP:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753

Unless you mean this old one for Vista:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10333

Its probably because the Vista WAIK was released before XP SP3 was released, why it doesn't mention it. It may work, you'd have to try it.

Yes, Trip, I'm referring to the old Vista one, build 6000. I'm sure it supports XP SP3. What I need to know is does the WAIK support Windows XP Home Edition? Microsoft isn't the most detailed bunch.

Ok I'll try replying again... :whistle:

It probably works with either Home or Pro. It doesn't hurt to try it right? I never used it on XP myself.

It didn't work. Looks like I'm sticking with BartPE, which is by no means a bad thing.

It didn't work. Looks like I'm sticking with BartPE, which is by no means a bad thing.

Well, there isn't only the "MS WAIK only" way to build a PE.

You can produce a PE 2.x or PE 3.x with other tools/builders, which normally run under XP.

jaclaz