Why was MSFN down yesterday and why is it still slow?

MagicAndre1981

I just got 2 alerts about hardware failure on server. Tomorrow morning i will look into it. If it's RAM in question, well it will explain all about database crash. One more thing. I will have to purchase another server, not powerful like MSFN one of course, for testing purpose. Tried to test forum upgrade on same server where MSFN is and didn't go well, server crashed because server is not powerful enough for 2 huge databases. Those donation are god send, not a close enough, but will help.

I just got 2 alerts about hardware failure on server. Tomorrow morning i will look into it. If it's RAM in question, well it will explain all about database crash. One more thing. I will have to purchase another server, not powerful like MSFN one of course, for testing purpose. Tried to test forum upgrade on same server where MSFN is and didn't go well, server crashed because server is not powerful enough for 2 huge databases. Those donation are god send, not a close enough, but will help.

May we know the specifications of the server and the size of the database please?

Edited by ciHnoN

• 1 month later...

BAH, Double Post. :realmad:

I'm seeing a lot of errors with MSFN tonight. SQL server errors, "Driver" errors... and sometimes the Font on the page changes when I refresh it. What's going on?

@dencorso

Please delete this or move it to this thread.

EDIT:

This error is displayed at the bottom of the page when I get the "changed Font" refreshes.

post-243622-0-03243100-1365665840_thumb.

Edited by LoneCrusader

"Randomly" fails... The ODD thing is that (most of) the post(s) actually go through any way...

Yeah, they go through. And if you go back and post again, of course you get a double post which is what happened the other day.

Here's the really ODD thing -

When you click to post, and get the error above, returning to the Main Forum page will display the forum and topic you posted in as having "new" posts to YOU - when YOU made the post! :w00t::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I suspect a lot of people are getting the Driver Error, but every time the action still goes through. I've seen it in various cases of interacting with the database, be it posting a reply, moving a thread or...

banning a spammer

:ph34r:

It even acts weird when just trying to go to the last post in a thread. About 25% of the time it will get a database error, but if I go "back" in my browser and try again using the exact same link it will usually work. But this has been getting more and more frequent lately. It is very annoying.

Cheers and Regards

Also, you can get this error when sending a PM but it doesn't say it the same way. If you are not in the "full editor" view (just the pop up one) and you click send it will say "Access Denied." I think it actually gets a driver error at that point but you don't see it. So if you get this type of message in the PM window, check your PMs before trying to send another one. I made the mistake and ended up sending 2 PMs to the user.