Why was MSFN down yesterday and why is it still slow?

MagicAndre1981

Did anybody else have trouble getting on MSFN over the weekend? Every time I tried to visit on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, I got a DNS error. I ended up going to one of those "is my website down?" sites, and it said that MSFN was offline.

Might that have had something to do with the SQL server issue discussed in the previous couple of posts? At least we don't seem to have lost any posts this time.

--JorgeA

Did anybody else have trouble getting on MSFN over the weekend? Every time I tried to visit on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, I got a DNS error. I ended up going to one of those "is my website down?" sites, and it said that MSFN was offline.

Same here. Strange things seem to be happening.

I had the same issue. I do think it was more than just dns, because I was equally unable to reach MSFN by IP. In any case, for those of us who happen to also be members of RyanVM's forum, we now have a thread there (thanks to tomasz86) to regroup and exchange information on the status of MSFN, should the need ever arise again.

I had the same issue. I do think it was more than just dns, because I was equally unable to reach MSFN by IP. In any case, for those of us who happen to also be members of RyanVM's forum, we now have a thread there (thanks to tomasz86) to regroup and exchange information on the status of MSFN, should the need ever arise again.

Yep, DNS was not available and direct IP Address also failed. Not just a DNS issue.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook MSFN sites, nothing was posted.

Funny thing was that I actually checked for a thread at RyanVM but did not find one Friday night and Saturday, that one was started Sunday I think.