Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

** [ SOLVED ] How to Skip the "Select the OS" Screen in Unatte

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 737 posts

Donator

[attachment=36127:Autounattend_ProfessionalWMC.xml] I have a single OS Image of Windows 8 Pro with Media Center with a Autounattend.xml answer file that I have got down to 2 install screens before going to the desktop, The "Select your operating System" for Windows 8 Pro with Media Center X64 and then the Partition Screen. Since I only have a single OS image I would like to skip over the Select your OS and go straight to the Partition Screen. My question is where in Settings Pass would I add the skipping over the Select OS? Everything else is working perfect with the Windows Install key installing and Preactivated with my free WMC key . I am not using the ei.cfg nor the pid.tx or setupcomplete. If someone has done this successfully then I would really appreciate the help.. See my attached xml file.
Thanks Again :yes: [attachment=36127:Autounattend_ProfessionalWMC.xml]

Edited by DosProbie, 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,769 posts

Donator

If it is prompting you to select an image, it probably doesn't like your product key. It should be enough, but you may want to add the ImageInstall object:

<ImageInstall>
                                <OSImage>
                                        <InstallFrom>
                                                <MetaData wcm:action="add">
                                                        <Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
                                                        <Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value>
                                                </MetaData>
                                        </InstallFrom>
                                </OSImage>
                        </ImageInstall>

And specify the image name as it appears in your WIM.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 737 posts

Donator

If it is prompting you to select an image, it probably doesn't like your product key. It should be enough, but you may want to add the ImageInstall object:

<ImageInstall>
                                <OSImage>
                                        <InstallFrom>
                                                <MetaData wcm:action="add">
                                                        <Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
                                                        <Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value>
                                                </MetaData>
                                        </InstallFrom>
                                </OSImage>
                        </ImageInstall>

And specify the image name as it appears in your WIM.

Thanks for the tip on adding <ImageInstall> to my answer file, Would I add this in the settings pass="windowsPE" section??

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,887 posts

Thanks for the tip on adding <ImageInstall> to my answer file, Would I add this in the settings pass="windowsPE" section??

yes <settings pass="windowsPE">
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 737 posts

Donator

yes <settings pass="windowsPE">

Thanks MaXx , Got this all figured out late last nite (See Snippet below - now Win8 just goes to the partition screen , runs all my sfx apps etc and goes straight to desktop)

Now I can go finish my Office silent Installer with pre-activation ... Life is good ö¿ö

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN