WPI Install order

Under features do you have install by category checked?

Its unchecked...

@Kelsenellenelvian Should it be checked ?

I try checked unchecked the same problem again it doesnt sort and install programs by given order... :huh:

Edited by husein93

Yes, it is a bug and this happens some times.

The order and number are correct inside the configuration wizard; but the order may change inside config.js and the programs are installed not using the order number but the order of the list (writed inside config.js)!

Example: If I add a new Category and select some programs for this new category, when the configuration is saved the installation order inside config.js file change and programs will be installed using the order of the list and not the order number!(example install order changed to: 1,8,9,10,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Edited by myselfidem

Yes, it is a bug and this happens some times.

The order and number are correct inside the configuration wizard; but the order may change inside config.js and the programs are installed not using the order number but the order of the list (writed inside config.js)!

Example: If I add a new Category and select some programs for this new category, when the configuration is saved the installation order inside config.js file change and programs will be installed using the order of the list and not the order number!(example install order changed to: 1,8,9,10,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Yes exactly then i edit config.js with notepad and put programs and apps by my order thats the only way to make it works :huh: I think i new versions that BUG should be fixed

Cheers ! (:

Saving an existing configuration, the order change to:

order (with 32 programs):

1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18,19, 2, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 3, 30, 31, 32, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

I'm looking for a workaround!

Edited by myselfidem

I use this temporary solution that works!

Give numbers like this:

01, to 09, and after 10, etc.

The order will be saved correctly, and we can use install by categories without troubles!

But for 100 programs the trouble appears a new time!

Edited by myselfidem

After many tets, it seems there is a workaround!

1 - Inside program.js , changing (on line 213):

{return x - y;} 

2 - Inside program.js (on line 322) adding:

progspercat.sort(byOrder); // Sort by ascending numerical order

if (SortWithinCats)
progspercat.sort(SortByProg); // Sort by alphabetical order

Thanks to make tests and check if it's OK!

The order will be saved correctly inside config.js (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, etc.).

Tested and works fine for me!

Algorithm of JavaScript "sort()" Function

Regards

*Edit: post updated

Edited by myselfidem

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally found this bug only by trying to use the number order. If you leave it blank then you can manually adjust it using config.js. I have done this for years.

I edited the program.js but I must not understand right what I am supposed to take out.

{	position="program.js";	whatfunc="byOrder()";	var x=a.ordr;	var y=b.ordr;	return ((x < y) ? -1 : ((x > y) ? 1 : 0));}

new look was

{return x - y;}