Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

I got a bug to report. Ever since I applied version 1.2.1 onto my system, the inactive window border permanently turns to black, except when you turn on Native Blur, but Native Blur is annoying glitchy. By doing System Restore, that sometimes fixes the problem, but all restore points are now gone. Help?

I don't think that's caused by AGTweaker itself but more likely by DWMGlass.

In this case I'm not going to be able to help you... You may try direct2D mode from Beta 1.

Ok, v1.3.1 Update playing better now with my below Hawaiian Scapes Aero Theme..yes.gif

Screen_Shot.jpg

You can check out the theme d/l from my post at: http://www.msfn.org/...22#entry1038022

that theme is something special imo - i have a lot to learn - all i have been trying to do is there - i am puzzled by the rounded corners - i cannot turn them off - am i missing something - i like both square and rounded - just wanted to compare

I only offered the Hawaiian Scapes in the "rounded corner" version and not "square", I have found that the rounded look

is much more softer and pleasing to the eyes that the hard square corner look, so I probably won't offer a square corner

theme unless I get a lot of requests for it. My main goal when creating this Hawaiian theme was three fold.

1. I orginally created this for my own personal use for my unattended Windows 8 install to get away from the default

boring Windows 8 theme look, but porting over some of the features that we all liked from Windows 7 like the glow, aero and round

windows frames look, plus a easy preactiaved theme installer without the need of installing everything manually.

2. I did not want a theme that would hack any Windows system files that would only be defaulted back to orginal files

from future Windows updates or a possible service pack.

3. And finally I wanted a relaxing theme to make you feel like you were on vacation with the sites and sounds of a

a tropical location. yes.gif

Ok, v1.3.1 Update playing better now with my below Hawaiian Scapes Aero Theme..yes.gif

Screen_Shot.jpg

You can check out the theme d/l from my post at: http://www.msfn.org/...22#entry1038022

that theme is something special imo - i have a lot to learn - all i have been trying to do is there - i am puzzled by the rounded corners - i cannot turn them off - am i missing something - i like both square and rounded - just wanted to compare

This should answer your question. Quoted from the first post.

Upgrading from a previous version :

Use the button in bottom right corner of AGTweaker to delete the previously installed DLL.

It will probably disable glass and say that's still in use, so restart your computer (with glass disabled), re-launch AGTweaker and press this button again.

It should then display "Successfully deleted" and you'll be able to install the new version properly.

This should answer your question. Quoted from the first post.

Upgrading from a previous version :

Use the button in bottom right corner of AGTweaker to delete the previously installed DLL.

It will probably disable glass and say that's still in use, so restart your computer (with glass disabled), re-launch AGTweaker and press this button again.

It should then display "Successfully deleted" and you'll be able to install the new version properly.

Wow! Thank you! this is such a life saver thanks!!

You need a custom theme because glow on buttons and rounded corners are not supported by the signed themes provided by microsoft.

So yes, patching or using UXStyle is needed.

You need a custom theme because glow on buttons and rounded corners are not supported by the signed themes provided by microsoft.

This means that if i use custom file or msstyle file without UXStyle glow buttons will not work?

This means that if i use custom file or msstyle file without UXStyle glow buttons will not work?

Yeah thats exactly what he said.

Downloaded AGTweaker v1.3.1.

When I run AGTweaker ... the screen blanks out for a second and then comes back but there is no transparency and no blur, nothing.

It is as if AGTWeaker isn't isn't even running.

Any help to diagnose this would be much appreciated!

post-377397-0-58203800-1367183523_thumb.