• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
ORelio

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

319 posts in this topic

Not to distract from your issue, but whenever I enable aero glass on the latest version, the screen goes on and of and eventually I just get a black screen. Tried running the debug version from bigmuscle and it told me that shell32.dll wasn't the correct version. What should I do? Is there some sort of way I can patch it?

Hmm, try using Dlls from ver. 1.2.1 to test Glass v0.7, this should work.

(See "upgrading from a previous version" on first post. You can put back device feature to automatic)

I don't think that's caused by AGTweaker itself but more likely by DWMGlass.

In this case I'm not going to be able to help you... You may try direct2D mode from Beta 1.

Actually, the bug does not occur when i use DWMGlass without AGTweaker. After I applied AGTweaker, the bug occurs. Please try to fix it.

Edited by WindowsOS

Woah. Never mind my issue! I got it working. The black screen went away after a reboot. Bye-bye ugly Windows 8 theme! :D

Hmm, try using Dlls from ver. 1.2.1 to test Glass v0.7, this should work.

(See "upgrading from a previous version" on first post. You can put back device feature to automatic)

Tried that also ... still not working :(

Is there a way to see why it is not working that I can post?

post-377397-0-30194900-1367198078_thumb.

Dakotahnorth...

Try going into the standard Windows "personalisation" settings and lowering the "colour intenstity" setting to about halfway - see if that helps.

@Dakotahnorth: you can as well go from DX9.1 and test each mode up to the level your GPU supports. Be aware though that if you change into a mode your GPU doesn't support (e.g. 10.1 on a 10.0 card), you will be stuck in a blank screen. For me it reset after a hard reboot.

Which leads me to a suggestion: isn't it possible to query the supported DX versions and only show those in the dropdown list?

Edited by Soukyuu

Dakotahnorth...

Try going into the standard Windows "personalisation" settings and lowering the "colour intenstity" setting to about halfway - see if that helps.

Still nothing ...

post-377397-0-89625600-1367235464_thumb.

Sorry, if offtop, but please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

Look at post #127

Sorry, if offtop, but please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

Look at post #127

Problem - in aero.msstyles from RP theme there are no STREAM 986 - button resources are found in 983 STREAM - and looks as another form.

May be anyone have rp theme with glow buttons? O maybe can help to edit png file from rp theme?

then put it in 983

Look at post #127

Problem - in aero.msstyles from RP theme there are no STREAM 986 - button resources are found in 983 STREAM - and looks as another form.

May be anyone have rp theme with glow buttons? O maybe can help to edit png file from rp theme?

then put it in 983

Look at post #127

I affraid that png file from wich i need buttons isn't compatible with rp theme.

@Dakotahnorth: you can as well go from DX9.1 and test each mode up to the level your GPU supports. Be aware though that if you change into a mode your GPU doesn't support (e.g. 10.1 on a 10.0 card), you will be stuck in a blank screen. For me it reset after a hard reboot.

Which leads me to a suggestion: isn't it possible to query the supported DX versions and only show those in the dropdown list?

Thanks for the suggestion ... went through all of them. Still nothing : (

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and it does not work. On my laptop with an Intel onboard graphich chip it works. On my desktop PC with an ATI (7750) it does not, tried also different drivers. Which graphic card do you have?

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and it does not work. On my laptop with an Intel onboard graphich chip it works. On my desktop PC with an ATI (7750) it does not, tried also different drivers. Which graphic card do you have?

AMD Radeon HD 7570

I don't know what I've done (except a BIOS Update) but it is in principle working now.

Nevertheless, I get two errors (screenshot) on log on and opening a windows explorer window every time. Furthermore, moving a windows over transparent elements I get artefacts.

post-182467-0-68698500-1367400804_thumb.

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)

Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

Nope, do not report these popups because they come from development debug build which was intended only for testing of the surface render target fix ;)

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)

Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

Yes, it was enabled before, you're right.

And yes, I used version 0.85 beta by mistake. Will try 0.8...

...and yes, the errors are gone. But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.

Edited by Sputnik24

But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.
Turn off "use native blur rendering" option, it's not meant to be used.

I'm using AGTweaker 1.3.1. I'm on Windows 8 x64. I have full ownership of my system32 and syswow64 folders. I am logged in as an admin. But AGTweaker does not want to install. :no:

I am seeking advice as how to fix this issue, as it's driving me up a telephone pole, like that State farm commercial. Please, anyone, tell me what I did wrong. The zip file is sitting in my downloads folder, waiting for some action.

I await any reply. :}

... AGTweaker does not want to install. :no:

I await any reply. :}

There is nothing about it that needs to be installed - just unzip it and double-click the exe.

You need to download DWMGlass from BigMuscle's topic and place the DLL file with the name DWMGlass32.dll or DWMGlass64.dll (depending on your system) in the same folder as AGTweaker.exe

Then you will be able to run the tool.

EDIT : Just saw that a Beta 3 is out, I'll test it and update AGTweaker if needed ;)

Edited by ORelio

I have this program currently on my computer. It fails to make up its mind where it wants to install. When I put it in the 'syswow' folder I get the message "try the sys32 folder" and vice-versa. I am completely torn up about it. I have a picture of the message I got when I tried to install it via the SETUP.bat file, and I will try to embed it.

dialogissue.png

if it doesn't show then oh well. My primary issue is that I have the most updated version of AeroGlassTweaker installed. I have dwmglass 0.8 beta 2 at my disposal, as well. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I attempted to install to syswow64 and system32. Both failed miserably, despite taking ownership. Please, anyone, I would like a solution soon. :}

1:28 pm-I figured it out. Thank you, ORelio, for pointing a quick solution to the right spot. I'm gonna enjoy showing this off...he-he-he.

Edited by sonikdart1990