Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

MikeRL

MikeRL

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 20-April 13

Donator

Not to distract from your issue, but whenever I enable aero glass on the latest version, the screen goes on and of and eventually I just get a black screen. Tried running the debug version from bigmuscle and it told me that shell32.dll wasn't the correct version. What should I do? Is there some sort of way I can patch it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13
Hmm, try using Dlls from ver. 1.2.1 to test Glass v0.7, this should work.
(See "upgrading from a previous version" on first post. You can put back device feature to automatic)
Aero Glass Tweaker GUI : msfn.org/board/topic/162036

WindowsOS

WindowsOS

I'm 1 out of only 3 people who don't mind that popup box

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

I don't think that's caused by AGTweaker itself but more likely by DWMGlass.
In this case I'm not going to be able to help you... You may try direct2D mode from Beta 1.

Actually, the bug does not occur when i use DWMGlass without AGTweaker. After I applied AGTweaker, the bug occurs. Please try to fix it.

Edited by WindowsOS, 28 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

MikeRL

MikeRL

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 20-April 13

Donator

Woah. Never mind my issue! I got it working. The black screen went away after a reboot. Bye-bye ugly Windows 8 theme! :D

dakotahnorth

dakotahnorth
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

Hmm, try using Dlls from ver. 1.2.1 to test Glass v0.7, this should work.
(See "upgrading from a previous version" on first post. You can put back device feature to automatic)

Tried that also ... still not working :(

Is there a way to see why it is not working that I can post?

Attached Files

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13
Dakotahnorth...

Try going into the standard Windows "personalisation" settings and lowering the "colour intenstity" setting to about halfway - see if that helps.

Soukyuu

Soukyuu

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
@Dakotahnorth: you can as well go from DX9.1 and test each mode up to the level your GPU supports. Be aware though that if you change into a mode your GPU doesn't support (e.g. 10.1 on a 10.0 card), you will be stuck in a blank screen. For me it reset after a hard reboot.

Which leads me to a suggestion: isn't it possible to query the supported DX versions and only show those in the dropdown list?

Edited by Soukyuu, 29 April 2013 - 05:35 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4 970BE | 12GB DDR3 | nVidia 260GTX | Windows 8.1u1 x64 Pro | Primary
Intel C2D T7250 | 4GB DDR2 | nVidia 8600m GT | Windows 7 x64 Pro | Secondary

dakotahnorth

dakotahnorth
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

Dakotahnorth...

Try going into the standard Windows "personalisation" settings and lowering the "colour intenstity" setting to about halfway - see if that helps.

Still nothing ...

Attached Files

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
Sorry, if offtop, but please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Look at post #127

Sorry, if offtop, but please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Look at post #127

Problem - in aero.msstyles from RP theme there are no STREAM 986 - button resources are found in 983 STREAM - and looks as another form.
May be anyone have rp theme with glow buttons? O maybe can help to edit png file from rp theme?

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

then put it in 983

Look at post #127

Problem - in aero.msstyles from RP theme there are no STREAM 986 - button resources are found in 983 STREAM - and looks as another form.
May be anyone have rp theme with glow buttons? O maybe can help to edit png file from rp theme?

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

then put it in 983

Look at post #127

I affraid that png file from wich i need buttons isn't compatible with rp theme.

dakotahnorth

dakotahnorth
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

@Dakotahnorth: you can as well go from DX9.1 and test each mode up to the level your GPU supports. Be aware though that if you change into a mode your GPU doesn't support (e.g. 10.1 on a 10.0 card), you will be stuck in a blank screen. For me it reset after a hard reboot.

Which leads me to a suggestion: isn't it possible to query the supported DX versions and only show those in the dropdown list?

Thanks for the suggestion ... went through all of them. Still nothing : (

Sputnik24

Sputnik24
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and it does not work. On my laptop with an Intel onboard graphich chip it works. On my desktop PC with an ATI (7750) it does not, tried also different drivers. Which graphic card do you have?

dakotahnorth

dakotahnorth
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 13

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything and it does not work. On my laptop with an Intel onboard graphich chip it works. On my desktop PC with an ATI (7750) it does not, tried also different drivers. Which graphic card do you have?

AMD Radeon HD 7570

Sputnik24

Sputnik24
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08
I don't know what I've done (except a BIOS Update) but it is in principle working now.

Nevertheless, I get two errors (screenshot) on log on and opening a windows explorer window every time. Furthermore, moving a windows over transparent elements I get artefacts.

Attached File  Unbenannt.jpg   31.86KB   7 downloads

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)
Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12
Nope, do not report these popups because they come from development debug build which was intended only for testing of the surface render target fix ;)
Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

Sputnik24

Sputnik24
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08

(except a BIOS Update)

UEFI "Secure Boot" feature from BIOS is preventing Aero Glass DLL from initializing properly. You may have disabled Secure Boot, which has solved your issue :)
Please report the notifications popups to Bigmuscle, and provide your version number of the specified files :)

Yes, it was enabled before, you're right.

And yes, I used version 0.85 beta by mistake. Will try 0.8...

...and yes, the errors are gone. But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.

Edited by Sputnik24, 01 May 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Soukyuu

Soukyuu

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

But the artefacts are still there. Unfortunately, I can't screenshot them as they go away during making the screenshot.

Turn off "use native blur rendering" option, it's not meant to be used.
AMD Phenom II X4 970BE | 12GB DDR3 | nVidia 260GTX | Windows 8.1u1 x64 Pro | Primary
Intel C2D T7250 | 4GB DDR2 | nVidia 8600m GT | Windows 7 x64 Pro | Secondary

sonikdart1990

sonikdart1990
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13
I'm using AGTweaker 1.3.1. I'm on Windows 8 x64. I have full ownership of my system32 and syswow64 folders. I am logged in as an admin. But AGTweaker does not want to install. :no:

I am seeking advice as how to fix this issue, as it's driving me up a telephone pole, like that State farm commercial. Please, anyone, tell me what I did wrong. The zip file is sitting in my downloads folder, waiting for some action.

I await any reply. :}

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-February 13

... AGTweaker does not want to install. :no:

I await any reply. :}

There is nothing about it that needs to be installed - just unzip it and double-click the exe.

ORelio

ORelio

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13
You need to download DWMGlass from BigMuscle's topic and place the DLL file with the name DWMGlass32.dll or DWMGlass64.dll (depending on your system) in the same folder as AGTweaker.exe
Then you will be able to run the tool.

EDIT : Just saw that a Beta 3 is out, I'll test it and update AGTweaker if needed ;)

Edited by ORelio, 04 May 2013 - 10:48 AM.

sonikdart1990

sonikdart1990
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-May 13
I have this program currently on my computer. It fails to make up its mind where it wants to install. When I put it in the 'syswow' folder I get the message "try the sys32 folder" and vice-versa. I am completely torn up about it. I have a picture of the message I got when I tried to install it via the SETUP.bat file, and I will try to embed it.

[img][img]file:///C:/Users/Eric/Pictures/Project%20Clips/DialogBoxes/dialogissue.png[/img][/img]

if it doesn't show then oh well. My primary issue is that I have the most updated version of AeroGlassTweaker installed. I have dwmglass 0.8 beta 2 at my disposal, as well. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I attempted to install to syswow64 and system32. Both failed miserably, despite taking ownership. Please, anyone, I would like a solution soon. :}

1:28 pm-I figured it out. Thank you, ORelio, for pointing a quick solution to the right spot. I'm gonna enjoy showing this off...he-he-he.

Edited by sonikdart1990, 04 May 2013 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users